StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

well heres the best advice believe those comments

May 31 2011Other
well heres the best advice believe those comments because those people are upset and they have the rights to be. bay state is a scam...they just want your money they dont care about the students. at first the admissions people(julia) will harrass you to go to bay state and make it seem like they care but its all lies because once you get sucked in its too late...the dorms are just horrible. when i was there my dorm was infested with bed bugs , and they supposely called the exterminators and supposely got us new mattresses..but that was a lie because when we came back to the dorm we were still getting eatend alive by the bed bugs...to request for a an official transcript is 10 dollars each .thats ridicolous at the school that i am at now its a dollar per transcript..im telling you if you save your money and go somewhere else with it because this school is a mess ..dont fall for the commercials or those people like JULIA ..its a SCAM...your better off going to a community college

The program I am in is a very

Feb 21 2011Unknown
The program I am in is a very good program. It is very strict, many classmates fail out of the program. However, the harder the program, the more professional you are when you graduate. If you are looking a program that let you sleep through the class and learn nothing, you better do not come to bay state college. You are mostly kicked out before the midterm (and this school is not cheap, so do not waste your money and other people's time). If you are looking for to become a real professional, here is the right place.
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Useful Schoolwork: A+, University Resource Use: F

THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ

Jun 04 2011Nursing
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ... DO DON'T PASS THIS ONE!
I attended Bay State College for 1 year 2007-2008. I went for medical assisting, the woman who ran my program, Laura.. was an amazing woman, she was a great teacher and such a kind person. I hope she has moved on from that place.

I was supposed to live in the substance free dorm, I requested a low floor so that when my father (who was terminally ill) could easily come visit me without hassle. I was assigned to the 3rd floor (okay stuff happens I guess) on move in day I found out I was switched out of substance free onto the 5th floor... because my hispanic room mate didnt want to be roommates with a white girl. yyyeeeaaah that makes sense!

but it gets worse... On the first day of moving in I was talking to the 2 idiot guys in the dorm room next to me and I explained how I get panic attacks around marijuana and they said it was cool they dont do it much and if they do it will be outside. needless to say they did it the next night in our shared bathroom. I confronted them. After the next time they did it when I smelled it in my room, I told the building advisor... she friggin told me that its okay because one of the kids best friends moved in and is the new RA and she would keep him in line... what kind of crap is that?!?!?!?! She said maybe we can work out a system that if I smell it I can knock on her door and let her know... yeah thats what I want to do at 2 am!

I ended up talking to the Dean and THEY SAID THE SAME THING.
I had to leave my dorm that I now owe thousands on because the staff legitimately does not care about anything.

Also, the students who go to Bay State are honestly no better than middle school children. They are so stuck up and rude it's insane, they really act like they are 12. They are all rich snobs, and that is 100% truth.

Again,The medical assisting program was fantastic I learned so much. If you are commuting then I would recommend this program... but please avoid the dorms at all costs.Please don't let this college draw you in because, although it is in the beautiful Back Bay area, it MUST be the worst excuse for a college in Massachusetts.

1st Year Female -- Class 2009