StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

This school BLOWS

Dec 04 2010Business - Management and Administration
This school BLOWS. I came here from Vermont and I thought that I could get a more decent education by going to the big city (compared to where I'm from in Vermont). The education quality absolutely sucks. I feel like I was in high school the whole time. English II was a complete joke and more like Middle School English/Grammar. The staff were equally unhelpful and were working professionals. They seem to pass students just because they can and there is no value in the education. The dorms is another story. They are the worst buildings ever. They're even worse than the projects! No elevators, a musty moldy smell, and its in pretty bad shape. Also, I brought my PS3 and guess what? The internet is so slow that my Verizon FIOS at home is faster than it. A Comcast line will not hold for 50+ students in one building. Also, their printer is always broken or out of paper. The libraries close early and they have such small facilities. Also, a few weeks back, Bay State made it to the news since there was an attempted abduction of a student and robbery. Scary. They need to up the security of the place and make it more safe. The students there aren't very bright either. They absentmindedly walk around all day long. Also, who ever heard of taking attendance in college and making it count towards your grade? What are we in middle school? Their policies are so ridiculous that its not even funny. Also, their lack of self-service resource are just amazing. Their online course looks so amaturish. If I were you, stay CLEAR away from this place and take your money elsewhere.
1st Year Male -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: B+, Education Quality: F

I began here for Medical assisting in 2003

Aug 31 2010Business - Management and Administration
I began here for Medical assisting in 2003. I went to one of the offsite campuses. I realized then this school was awful but just thought that is how all schools would be. I then transfered to RIC and only returned back to BayState to continue with my BA in management because I began working full time and knew this school was a joke. It is not like regular college you could sleep through ever class and pass. Communication is aweful no ever calls you back and when they do they try to run around the question. Keep track of you classes if you choose to go here as they like to also add unneccasarry classes in as well. Be careful I am a 4.0 student no matter where I go a parent as well and I work full time. I have transfered one more time to finish out my degree to a high class school that cost less than Baystate as well

WARNING SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME BY AVOIDING

Feb 07 2011Business - Management and Administration
WARNING SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME BY AVOIDING BAY STATE COLLEGE. I wish someone had told me this before i dropped at good $20,000 on classes plus $1,200 a semester for the dorms. The classes are a complete joke as well as the professors. Many students here are dull and cannot get accepted to other colleges. The professors clearly can't get another source of income so they "teach" at Bay State college. The stuff that i have "learned" so far this year I recall learning when I was in 8th grade. The only decent class here is the music management class. The dorms are pathetic, small, no elevators, printer in the lounge doesn't work, the wifi sucks, your not allowed to have microwaves and oh wait....UNLIKE MOST SCHOOLS you have to alert the dead beat resident director 24 hrs in advance of having a guest sleepover. You can't smoke outside the building or you will be violated, you can't have more than 2 guests signed in or you will be violated, you can't have a guest after 12 or you will be violated. If your loud during "quiet hours" you will be violated. If your 15 year old sister needs a place to sleep and is stuck in boston and you have her stay there without letting the RA know in advance you will be violated. You are only allowed 3 absences in each class even if you do all your work/get good grades so if your sick and you miss class after 3 absences your grade gets lowered. Don't expect to receive your mail in a remotely timely fashion....or sometimes at all. The resident director is too self-absorbed to distribute the mail until it has piled up in her tiny ass office and sits there for days. The whack ass cafeteria food gets your terribly sick and the people serving you are very unpleasant. The cafe is segregated most of the time and people are unfriendly. This school consists of hoodrats, emo punk kids and preppy cliques. Deciding to attend this "college" is the same as taking that $30,000 + dollars and putting it in a paper shredder. SAVE YOUR TIME & MONEY PLEASE. This school is a joke run by 25 year olds looking to get some money.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013