StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

MEDICAL ASSISTANT -This school is definitely what youQuite BrightOther
MEDICAL ASSISTANT -This school is definitely what you make of it. If you study you will get great grades. I did the medical assisting program. I got really lucky and placed in a good internship which paved the road to my success. The program got me good enough grades and expierence to get into nursing school.I would not apply to their nursing program. It is very unorganized and they did not accept students that where extremely smart and good leaders. Most of those students were scooped up by other local programs. Their loss. You cannot expect a job to fall on your lap, they are hard to find. The school does offer help with job placement. (by this I mean resume help, and interview advice) dont expect them to get you a job. You have to be activly looking
1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Surrounding City: A+, Faculty Accessibility: D
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ.Quite BrightNursing
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ... DO DON'T PASS THIS ONE!
I attended Bay State College for 1 year 2007-2008. I went for medical assisting, the woman who ran my program, Laura.. was an amazing woman, she was a great teacher and such a kind person. I hope she has moved on from that place.

I was supposed to live in the substance free dorm, I requested a low floor so that when my father (who was terminally ill) could easily come visit me without hassle. I was assigned to the 3rd floor (okay stuff happens I guess) on move in day I found out I was switched out of substance free onto the 5th floor... because my hispanic room mate didnt want to be roommates with a white girl. yyyeeeaaah that makes sense!

but it gets worse... On the first day of moving in I was talking to the 2 idiot guys in the dorm room next to me and I explained how I get panic attacks around marijuana and they said it was cool they dont do it much and if they do it will be outside. needless to say they did it the next night in our shared bathroom. I confronted them. After the next time they did it when I smelled it in my room, I told the building advisor... she friggin told me that its okay because one of the kids best friends moved in and is the new RA and she would keep him in line... what kind of crap is that?!?!?!?! She said maybe we can work out a system that if I smell it I can knock on her door and let her know... yeah thats what I want to do at 2 am!

I ended up talking to the Dean and THEY SAID THE SAME THING.
I had to leave my dorm that I now owe thousands on because the staff legitimately does not care about anything.

Also, the students who go to Bay State are honestly no better than middle school children. They are so stuck up and rude it's insane, they really act like they are 12. They are all rich snobs, and that is 100% truth.

Again,The medical assisting program was fantastic I learned so much. If you are commuting then I would recommend this program... but please avoid the dorms at all costs.Please don't let this college draw you in because, although it is in the beautiful Back Bay area, it MUST be the worst excuse for a college in Massachusetts.

1st Year Female -- Class 2009
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: F
well heres the best advice believe those commentsOther
well heres the best advice believe those comments because those people are upset and they have the rights to be. bay state is a scam...they just want your money they dont care about the students. at first the admissions people(julia) will harrass you to go to bay state and make it seem like they care but its all lies because once you get sucked in its too late...the dorms are just horrible. when i was there my dorm was infested with bed bugs , and they supposely called the exterminators and supposely got us new mattresses..but that was a lie because when we came back to the dorm we were still getting eatend alive by the bed bugs...to request for a an official transcript is 10 dollars each .thats ridicolous at the school that i am at now its a dollar per transcript..im telling you if you save your money and go somewhere else with it because this school is a mess ..dont fall for the commercials or those people like JULIA ..its a SCAM...your better off going to a community college

Belmont Abbey College (NC) 1:positive