StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

Aug 16 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Still the same junk school it's always been. Reading some other reviews I see this place is still a overpriced dump. I'd never recommend anyone go to this college, EVER!! I wish when I attended this school there we're places like this to warn people how horrible they are. I attended one semester back in 2000. Not only did they make up some excuse on how they we're tossing me out because some trashy girl was spreading rumors about me about me ruining something of hers, that was false, they also stole my money! I even had witnesses, from the dump they call a dorm, contact them to tell them the accusations were false, and they still kicked me out. Never returned my remaining $15,000. I'm going to be in debt forever because of these people. All over their excuse to get rid of me so they can keep my money that they did not deserve. So, I ended up paying for the rest of the year and the following year for classes that I did not take, food that I did not eat, and room and board for a place that I was not staying. BIG SCAM! There are way better colleges for cheaper with better programs that won't rip you off!
Preparedness: F Reputation: F
Nov 25 2013Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Bay State College is a scam. They put on a show just to get you there, then treat you like shit once your in. I've gotten yelled at by my advisor for no reason...the professors are just crazy and you're stuck with them for lots of classes. there is a lack of class times and an electives to chose from. I dormed my first year...big mistake. I thought that living in a great city with a group of girls would be fun. I'm friendly and pretty much get along with everyone but most girls at BSC are stuck up and snobs. The dorms have sooooo much drama. The few guys that are there think their the shit and it's f*cking disgusting. Typical "colleg guys" that try to get with every girl. No campus or anything to do at all, which is sad since we're in Boston. BSC kids would rather go home every single weekend or sit in their dorm room and gossip then say explore the city. Literally I know so many people that have never taken the train...most students don't leave the back bay unless their going home. Don't get me wrong i've made some great friends here (they all transferred) and had some good times. however the atmosphere is terrible. Cliques and immature students, TERRIBLE cafeteria food and environment, the dorms are falling apart, the fashion department takes its self way to seriously. everyone thinks their gonna graduate a celebrity. get over it.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F
Aug 13 2013Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Great school, truly underrated. Everyone I know who graduates from here (and took their major/education seriously; students who were excited to work in their chosen field and acquire successful futures, all have amazing jobs now.

Honestly, the negative comments on this, or any other review site are merely contributed by those who have never had to work for anything or are only in college because their wealthy families wanted to ship them off to a private school.

To be truly successful here, at this college, you must be serious about what you plan to do in life and you must use the immense resources/connections that are offered by the college.SOOOO, BOOM!

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Extracurricular Activities: C

University of Puget Sound (WA) 1:advice

Southeastern Louisiana University (LA) 1:positive

Florida State University (FL)

The College of Wooster (OH) 1:advice