StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

Nov 12 2008Unknown
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This school is awful. Please listen to the other reviews. All this school cares about is money. They care nothing about the students!
Jun 04 2011Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ... DO DON'T PASS THIS ONE!
I attended Bay State College for 1 year 2007-2008. I went for medical assisting, the woman who ran my program, Laura.. was an amazing woman, she was a great teacher and such a kind person. I hope she has moved on from that place.

I was supposed to live in the substance free dorm, I requested a low floor so that when my father (who was terminally ill) could easily come visit me without hassle. I was assigned to the 3rd floor (okay stuff happens I guess) on move in day I found out I was switched out of substance free onto the 5th floor... because my hispanic room mate didnt want to be roommates with a white girl. yyyeeeaaah that makes sense!

but it gets worse... On the first day of moving in I was talking to the 2 idiot guys in the dorm room next to me and I explained how I get panic attacks around marijuana and they said it was cool they dont do it much and if they do it will be outside. needless to say they did it the next night in our shared bathroom. I confronted them. After the next time they did it when I smelled it in my room, I told the building advisor... she friggin told me that its okay because one of the kids best friends moved in and is the new RA and she would keep him in line... what kind of crap is that?!?!?!?! She said maybe we can work out a system that if I smell it I can knock on her door and let her know... yeah thats what I want to do at 2 am!

I ended up talking to the Dean and THEY SAID THE SAME THING.
I had to leave my dorm that I now owe thousands on because the staff legitimately does not care about anything.

Also, the students who go to Bay State are honestly no better than middle school children. They are so stuck up and rude it's insane, they really act like they are 12. They are all rich snobs, and that is 100% truth.

Again,The medical assisting program was fantastic I learned so much. If you are commuting then I would recommend this program... but please avoid the dorms at all costs.Please don't let this college draw you in because, although it is in the beautiful Back Bay area, it MUST be the worst excuse for a college in Massachusetts.

1st Year Female -- Class 2009
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: F
Feb 07 2011Business - Management and Administration
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
WARNING SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME BY AVOIDING BAY STATE COLLEGE. I wish someone had told me this before i dropped at good $20,000 on classes plus $1,200 a semester for the dorms. The classes are a complete joke as well as the professors. Many students here are dull and cannot get accepted to other colleges. The professors clearly can't get another source of income so they "teach" at Bay State college. The stuff that i have "learned" so far this year I recall learning when I was in 8th grade. The only decent class here is the music management class. The dorms are pathetic, small, no elevators, printer in the lounge doesn't work, the wifi sucks, your not allowed to have microwaves and oh wait....UNLIKE MOST SCHOOLS you have to alert the dead beat resident director 24 hrs in advance of having a guest sleepover. You can't smoke outside the building or you will be violated, you can't have more than 2 guests signed in or you will be violated, you can't have a guest after 12 or you will be violated. If your loud during "quiet hours" you will be violated. If your 15 year old sister needs a place to sleep and is stuck in boston and you have her stay there without letting the RA know in advance you will be violated. You are only allowed 3 absences in each class even if you do all your work/get good grades so if your sick and you miss class after 3 absences your grade gets lowered. Don't expect to receive your mail in a remotely timely fashion....or sometimes at all. The resident director is too self-absorbed to distribute the mail until it has piled up in her tiny ass office and sits there for days. The whack ass cafeteria food gets your terribly sick and the people serving you are very unpleasant. The cafe is segregated most of the time and people are unfriendly. This school consists of hoodrats, emo punk kids and preppy cliques. Deciding to attend this "college" is the same as taking that $30,000 + dollars and putting it in a paper shredder. SAVE YOUR TIME & MONEY PLEASE. This school is a joke run by 25 year olds looking to get some money.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013