StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL.Quite BrightUndecided
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. Hopefully you take the time to read my review and save yourself money from this "college." I was an A student in high school with the occasional B+. I am very dedicated to my school work no matter what. I always pass everything in on time and make sure I did all parts of the assignment to the best of my ability. There is a little background about myself; now let me continue to the review. Starting with my first interest in this school, I thought it was great and well organized. The admissions staff ALWAYS answered my emails and kept pursuing me to attend their school and made me feel like this all around amazing student when I was on tour at their school. Building 31 is nice; students and faculty are the only ones to have access to the whole 2nd floor and can only get there by using the college's elevator and to get on the elevator you have to tap your student ID. The class rooms are nice, the lounge is nice. As for the other buildings on Commonwealth Ave, they are very old. I don't mind them but they are very old. No elevators in those buildings. Now as for the schooling, this school is SO easy. Every assignment I've had to write I already knew all the information. I haven't learned anything in any of my classes. Everything that was "taught" was already prior knowledge that I learned in high school. At first I came here to apply into their nursing program which is accredited but now, after finding out the facts, I am definitely not going to. Their NCLEX pass rate is only 54%. That is TERRIBLE. I blame the education and I can prove that because I barely learned anything at this school. The teachers are a joke, and I hate to use that term because it's slang but I really can't think of another word to use other than them being a joke. The school is for-profit and you can tell that it is a for-profit institution because the people hired here are only here to get some extra money and it shows. I have tried to email my advisor countless times for help and she has yet to respond to any of my emails. When I finally hunted her down in the hallway, she made an appointment with me and then never showed up for my appointment. Oh and remember how I said the admissions staff answered my emails all the time? I also emailed them for help, since my advisor wouldn't email me back, and even they wouldn't respond to my emails. I find it funny how they kept emailing me and emailing me, convincing me to go to their school and now that I'm in they don't care about me anymore. They don't care about any student in this school, only their money. As for the students; I read in a different review that the students "are only here because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else" and that is SO true. The students here are just very uneducated it amazes me how they managed graduate high school or get their GED. The students here are very arrogant and snooty. They think they are better than you. Every time I walk by the lounge the students stop talking and just stare at me and give me the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. I feel like a bunny about to be attacked by a pack of wolves. I was accepted to Simmons College but didn't go there because I had already committed to Bay State and I regret that decision so much. Please take my advice, PLEASE. I literally just wasted $10,000 on three classes. THREE CLASSES. I've only been here for one semester and I'm already in that much debt. You can get a much better education elsewhere for SO much cheaper! This school is very expensive for it's poor education quality. Also, since we're on the subject of classes, they have a terrible at scheduling classes. Once they allow you to pick classes, you must do it ASAP or there will be no room or no classes left and they will force you to take them in the Summer. They tried doing this to me; I was told I could take A&P 2 in Fall 2015 and last minute they decided to finally tell me that they aren't offering the class during that time anymore and if I want to graduate on time I'll have to take a Summer class. Please read the negative reviews of this school and please listen to them. I'm literally begging you because you will waste so much time and money at this school. As for the positives; the only thing good about this school is the location. It is in a building with lots of places to eat in it and around it and also right near Newbury Street if you want to shop. But please don't come here. I will be transferring elsewhere for the rest of my education.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F
This school is awful.
This school is awful. Please listen to the other reviews. All this school cares about is money. They care nothing about the students!
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ.Quite BrightNursing
THE MOST IMPORTANT REVIEW YOU WILL EVER READ... DO DON'T PASS THIS ONE!
I attended Bay State College for 1 year 2007-2008. I went for medical assisting, the woman who ran my program, Laura.. was an amazing woman, she was a great teacher and such a kind person. I hope she has moved on from that place.

I was supposed to live in the substance free dorm, I requested a low floor so that when my father (who was terminally ill) could easily come visit me without hassle. I was assigned to the 3rd floor (okay stuff happens I guess) on move in day I found out I was switched out of substance free onto the 5th floor... because my hispanic room mate didnt want to be roommates with a white girl. yyyeeeaaah that makes sense!

but it gets worse... On the first day of moving in I was talking to the 2 idiot guys in the dorm room next to me and I explained how I get panic attacks around marijuana and they said it was cool they dont do it much and if they do it will be outside. needless to say they did it the next night in our shared bathroom. I confronted them. After the next time they did it when I smelled it in my room, I told the building advisor... she friggin told me that its okay because one of the kids best friends moved in and is the new RA and she would keep him in line... what kind of crap is that?!?!?!?! She said maybe we can work out a system that if I smell it I can knock on her door and let her know... yeah thats what I want to do at 2 am!

I ended up talking to the Dean and THEY SAID THE SAME THING.
I had to leave my dorm that I now owe thousands on because the staff legitimately does not care about anything.

Also, the students who go to Bay State are honestly no better than middle school children. They are so stuck up and rude it's insane, they really act like they are 12. They are all rich snobs, and that is 100% truth.

Again,The medical assisting program was fantastic I learned so much. If you are commuting then I would recommend this program... but please avoid the dorms at all costs.Please don't let this college draw you in because, although it is in the beautiful Back Bay area, it MUST be the worst excuse for a college in Massachusetts.

1st Year Female -- Class 2009