StudentsReview :: Bay State College - Comments and Student Experiences

Bay State College

Bay State College is a scam

Nov 25 2013Other
Bay State College is a scam. They put on a show just to get you there, then treat you like shit once your in. I've gotten yelled at by my advisor for no reason...the professors are just crazy and you're stuck with them for lots of classes. there is a lack of class times and an electives to chose from. I dormed my first year...big mistake. I thought that living in a great city with a group of girls would be fun. I'm friendly and pretty much get along with everyone but most girls at BSC are stuck up and snobs. The dorms have sooooo much drama. The few guys that are there think their the shit and it's f*cking disgusting. Typical "colleg guys" that try to get with every girl. No campus or anything to do at all, which is sad since we're in Boston. BSC kids would rather go home every single weekend or sit in their dorm room and gossip then say explore the city. Literally I know so many people that have never taken the train...most students don't leave the back bay unless their going home. Don't get me wrong i've made some great friends here (they all transferred) and had some good times. however the atmosphere is terrible. Cliques and immature students, TERRIBLE cafeteria food and environment, the dorms are falling apart, the fashion department takes its self way to seriously. everyone thinks their gonna graduate a celebrity. get over it.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2014
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F

DO NOT GO HERE! Hi I am a

Dec 12 2012Unknown
DO NOT GO HERE! Hi I am a first year student and I live in the dorms. Most of the girls who live in my building are stuck up bitches who slam their feet down the stairs at 4am but there are a couple nice ones A COUPLE. the boys here think there god but their NASTY.. i mean NASTY. haha the location of the school is amazing but thats the only thing keeping me going there. The work is very easy but not one of my teachers even knew my name after an ENTIRE semester... like really? not that hard to remember. There is absoultly NO campus life. Never anything to do ever! the food SUCKS it makes my stomach hurt and most schools have like a bistro or another choice for food but nope only one tiny TINY room with crap food. You have to pay money to wash your clothes and theress only 2 washers and 2 dryers. you're only allowed to have 2 guests at a time and during the first two weeks and last two weeks of each semester your not allowed any over night guests!? uhm are we 3????! oh yeah NO COLORED INK anywhere on campus but teachers expect you to have colored photos and you WILL get marked down on projects if you dont. I look forward to leaving this hell hole any chance I get!Plus every time i enter the student sitting area there is immautre kids dancing/yelling/being really annoying. Students here dont care about school most of them seem like they barly graduated high school. SCHOOLS A JOKE. DO NOT GO HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT FIND A NICER SCHOOL IN BOSTON!!!!!!!!
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Surrounding City: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL

Apr 02 2014Undecided
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THIS SCHOOL. Hopefully you take the time to read my review and save yourself money from this "college." I was an A student in high school with the occasional B+. I am very dedicated to my school work no matter what. I always pass everything in on time and make sure I did all parts of the assignment to the best of my ability. There is a little background about myself; now let me continue to the review. Starting with my first interest in this school, I thought it was great and well organized. The admissions staff ALWAYS answered my emails and kept pursuing me to attend their school and made me feel like this all around amazing student when I was on tour at their school. Building 31 is nice; students and faculty are the only ones to have access to the whole 2nd floor and can only get there by using the college's elevator and to get on the elevator you have to tap your student ID. The class rooms are nice, the lounge is nice. As for the other buildings on Commonwealth Ave, they are very old. I don't mind them but they are very old. No elevators in those buildings. Now as for the schooling, this school is SO easy. Every assignment I've had to write I already knew all the information. I haven't learned anything in any of my classes. Everything that was "taught" was already prior knowledge that I learned in high school. At first I came here to apply into their nursing program which is accredited but now, after finding out the facts, I am definitely not going to. Their NCLEX pass rate is only 54%. That is TERRIBLE. I blame the education and I can prove that because I barely learned anything at this school. The teachers are a joke, and I hate to use that term because it's slang but I really can't think of another word to use other than them being a joke. The school is for-profit and you can tell that it is a for-profit institution because the people hired here are only here to get some extra money and it shows. I have tried to email my advisor countless times for help and she has yet to respond to any of my emails. When I finally hunted her down in the hallway, she made an appointment with me and then never showed up for my appointment. Oh and remember how I said the admissions staff answered my emails all the time? I also emailed them for help, since my advisor wouldn't email me back, and even they wouldn't respond to my emails. I find it funny how they kept emailing me and emailing me, convincing me to go to their school and now that I'm in they don't care about me anymore. They don't care about any student in this school, only their money. As for the students; I read in a different review that the students "are only here because they couldn't get accepted anywhere else" and that is SO true. The students here are just very uneducated it amazes me how they managed graduate high school or get their GED. The students here are very arrogant and snooty. They think they are better than you. Every time I walk by the lounge the students stop talking and just stare at me and give me the dirtiest looks I've ever seen. I feel like a bunny about to be attacked by a pack of wolves. I was accepted to Simmons College but didn't go there because I had already committed to Bay State and I regret that decision so much. Please take my advice, PLEASE. I literally just wasted $10,000 on three classes. THREE CLASSES. I've only been here for one semester and I'm already in that much debt. You can get a much better education elsewhere for SO much cheaper! This school is very expensive for it's poor education quality. Also, since we're on the subject of classes, they have a terrible at scheduling classes. Once they allow you to pick classes, you must do it ASAP or there will be no room or no classes left and they will force you to take them in the Summer. They tried doing this to me; I was told I could take A&P 2 in Fall 2015 and last minute they decided to finally tell me that they aren't offering the class during that time anymore and if I want to graduate on time I'll have to take a Summer class. Please read the negative reviews of this school and please listen to them. I'm literally begging you because you will waste so much time and money at this school. As for the positives; the only thing good about this school is the location. It is in a building with lots of places to eat in it and around it and also right near Newbury Street if you want to shop. But please don't come here. I will be transferring elsewhere for the rest of my education.
1st Year Female -- Class 2014