StudentsReview :: Bridgewater State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Northeastern University -- Boston, MA
James Madison University -- Harrisonburg, VA
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA

Bridgewater State University

I attended this college because I was toldBrightArt & Design Department
I attended this college because I was told that it was a college that specialized in education programs and because it was less expensive. I went to school with individuals who were harrassing me. The school does not take action on this even if the person causing the trouble gives them reason to. I know that I could have gone to a more selective school where they would never get in. The only reason I didn't bother to go to those schools is because of the tuition costs. My advice to you would be for you to go to the best, most selective school that you can get into so you don't need to deal with people who want to change everything to benefit themselves. People who are not as advanced as you are in some ways get jealous so they want to boost themselves up while bringing you down. This does not always occur, but it can. Don't give anyone that opportunity. If you do well enough in school and build positive relationships with people who are not so low as to be jealous of you, then maybe you can network your way to a better job after you graduate. It's worth the cost of tuition to have a better quality of life. A better quality of life might even result in better grades. Take a look at the people the college hires. Do you agree with their hiring decisions? Don't be as narrow-minded as I was when looking at potential colleges. All I thought about was a cheaper school and it really blew up in my face. If you could never get into better schools then you might be perfectly happy there, though. So take your individual situation and see what would be best for your well-being. You don't need some jealous person telling everyone that you have a disorder because you don't put up with any of the feces that spouts out of their mouth. A better school wouldn't even let those people in.
Preparedness: B+ Reputation: F
I am an Aviation Student here at BridgewaterQuite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I am an Aviation Student here at Bridgewater State University. The school itself is very good. The majority of the faculty and the students are very nice. The students that attend this college are also very good. My biggest problem with this school is the Aviation Department. Take my advice and do not major in Aviation Science, flight training unless you are prepared for a TON of work. It costs thousands of dollars, the airport is 40 minutes away from campus. The faculty at the airport are not the best, not nice, warm or welcoming. Before you major in Aviation Science, flight training seriously reconsider if there is somethng else you would prefer to do. If you do not have to interact with the flight school do not! But the rest of the college is very ncie.
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Individual Value: A, Education Quality: D-
Bridgewater state was a fine school when IQuite BrightSociology
Bridgewater state was a fine school when I arrived but I quickly learned that it is not what it appeared to be. I was originally double majoring in education and sociology (my faculty review is based on the sociology dept). The education department were a bunch of incompetent people who were teaching out of practice techniques to use in the classroom. They gave no direction whatsoever about passing your MTELs and did not help you get into a school when you needed to complete observations for a class. People say they come all over to get into this education program and I was one of them. I couldn't wait to get into "the best education program," but I am telling you, please do not think that the best education program is at bridgewater.

Nightlife at this school is sub par and quite frankly pretty gross. There is one street that has a few party houses but it is mostly an "invite only" type of situation (which means if you aren't in a frat/sorority, you aren't "invited"). There are a few bars within a short walk from the campus but they're gross dives with sticky floors. The chinese food place has good scorpion bowls though.

Making friends here is borderline impossible if you don't join a shitty D3 sports team. All the hideous girls join the few sororities on campus and are never once seen without wearing an item of clothing with greek symbols on it. The boys in the frats are borderline rapey and have met many that have said "no means yes," so that's good.

The safety van at this school was nice but have heard that they did away with it. When I attended, they had a van that you could call from 7pm-3am and tell them where you were and they would come pick you up and bring you to your dorm or wherever. Huge selling point for nervous parents. Not sure why they got rid of that?The only good thing I got out of Bridgewater State is my diploma.

4th Year Female -- Class 2014