StudentsReview :: Curry College - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA
Northeastern University -- Boston, MA
Iona College -- New Rochelle, NY

Curry College

Curry was a wonderful college for me.Education
Curry was a wonderful college for me. It was located just outside of Boston and gave me the feeling of a suburb with the chance to go into the city as I wanted. I liked using the shuttle that was provided on campus. The shuttle took us directly into Boston on the weekends and to the T on the weekdays. Although several of my friends did go home on the weekends I still had a core group who stayed and we traveled into the city. I really liked the professors in the education and psychology departments. They looked out for us and made sure we were working at our best levels. They supported us by giving us the skills and knowledge we would need in the field. I also had the best roommate and we stayed together all four years. Overall, if you have a positive ability to make friends and look for opportunities you will enjoy this experience. Good luck! The only negative I have is the expense. I am still paying back my loans.
Don't go.Not so brightCommunications
Don't go.
I'll admit it was my fault I ended up at Curry because they threw a lot of scholarships and financial aid at me, as well as the fact that the school is seven miles from Boston, so I assumed the city was easy to get to. I never thought Curry was gonna be a great experience, but I figured that at 50K a year, it couldn't be that bad. I was wrong.

Orientation: Orientation at Curry is fun, but only because they spruce up the campus and straight out lie about certain things. One orientation leader pointed at one building and said that's where the school holds events every week. During the actual school year, I come to find out it was the daycare center! Everyone also said that no one goes home on the weekends, when in reality almost anyone who has opportunity to leave the campus on friday does.

Academics: There are actually some really good teachers at Curry, but in general the teachers are either difficult, patronizing or have realized the reality of teaching there and stopped giving a shit. I was a comm major, and most of the teachers were in PR, so they always came off as fake. They make a big deal about how broad and open-minded the communications field is, and in the actual training they try to turn the students into a one-size-fits-all personality. The curriculum is awful, something my PAL Professor even admitted. One of my textbooks said that George H.W. Bush was the current president.

Campus: I'm willing to admit that the Curry college campus is beautiful, probably at the detriment of all of the other aspects of the college. All of the millions of dollars the school receives either goes into the pockets of its administration or to the campus aesthetics, instead of things that would improve the school or provide some fun for the students for once. In terms of maintenance, a few of the dorms are fine but most are disgusting, and usually is done if something breaks down regardless of whether the students contact the staff. Safety is the worst of both worlds, as the school is unusually strict on its students but it is still dangerous. This is because so much of the security is focused in the dorms that literally anyone can enter the campus. It is also because there are about 5-10 psychos in every grade, who no one does anything about on for fear of getting killed.

Social Life: If you go here, get ready for four more years of high school. Its abundantly clear that most people who go to Curry were not the cool kids in high school, but instead of moving on with their lives they just all group up in cliques so that they feel like they're on top. No greek life, so say goodbye to any big parties unless you're a hot girl, on the sports team or you know someone with an apartment. Most kids who go here are dumb, they say shit in class that would've been dumb in middle school. A good chunk of these kids are so rich, they don't have to worry about school cause they can just not go to class and Curry will still keep them for their money and when they graduate, their mommies and daddies will give them a job at their company. Milton sucks, they're nothing to do, and transportation to Boston is limited, but its probably gotten better since I was there, admittingly, since Uber didn't exist yet. The one upside I'll say about the social life is that the overall experience is so bad, the bonds you make with your friends there will be tight, as I'm still friends with a lot of people at Curry.

Administration: The administration doesn't give a shit about its students. I'd be fine with this if they admitted it, but they go out of their way to make it seem like they care. They just want as much money as possible. When I told them I was transferring because I could no longer afford to go to the school, they were trying to come up with any reason they could to make me stay.I used to say that unless you're a nursing major, you shouldn't go to Curry. Now I wouldn't even say that, because now even that major is going downhill. Just don't go. Don't keep this scam going.

1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Useful Schoolwork: F
Honestly I didn't like it here and transferredQuite BrightComputer Science
Honestly I didn't like it here and transferred because I wasn't paying for an expensive tuition. They trick you into going here by sprucing it up when you visit for orientation but stop maintaining it shortly after. Some of the teachers are fantastic but many of them are either tired of teaching or treat you like a simpleton. Many of the student activities and clubs are lack luster and hold few events throughout the year.

If you plan on going to college please consider a state school before you go here. They are a for-profit college that focuses more on appearance than their students.This school really drains your happiness and makes for a disappointing experience.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2017