StudentsReview :: Eastern Nazarene College - Comments and Student Experiences

ENC is truly a great place that fostersBusiness - Management and Administration
ENC is truly a great place that fosters individual growth ? but only if you are ready and motivated to step up. Student Development, during my time (2006 ? 2010), was an unorganized mess; students were left on their own to program, host events, and seek guidance. This is okay for students who are self-starters and are ready to make a difference, but I found most of the students there needed the extra support.

With that being said, because the campus is so small and tightknit, there are endless opportunities available! For instance, I was an RA, ran the campus newspaper, and was involved in student government. I had the opportunity to practice business management and supervision (by hiring writers, setting and controlling the budget, acting as an RA, being a voice on the Publication Board) and other handsome post-graduation skills. I hope that Jeffrey, the new VP of Student Development, implemented new procedures and policies that encourage better growth, development, and support.

Academically, it goes without saying, those who are motivated will do well and those who are not will suffer. I enrolled as a biology major but graduated with a business management degree; the science programs, especially, are difficult, but the faculty know their stuff. Although I loved my time at ENC, I found it necessary to continue onward to graduate school right after graduation due to a non-existent reputation in the Metro Boston area. I should also note that I am not religious and greatly appreciated the fact that no faculty or staff (or students) pushed their faith onto me. This is a liberal Christian college with strict rules (that are not enforced); I found it best to keep an open mind while enjoying differences and diversity.

ENC was easily the best four years ofBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
ENC was easily the best four years of my life. I wanted a small, Christian college near an urban area. This was the perfect fit. If you're not interested in religion or christian influences at all, this may not be the place for you.. BUT if your open-minded it can still be the perfect place. I saw a lot of kids come in with no interest in Christianity, leave the place with a better understanding and RESPECT for the Christian community. The students are really active. Expect to show up to events and take on leadership roles as you move into your upperclassmen years. The student body was/is diverse, coming from all over but mainly the New England area. The atmosphere is fun like most colleges, but with a sense of class. This is not your party school, so be aware of that. If you care about getting the best education along with a solid understanding of faith, make no mistake this is one of the best institutions you can consider. Many of my friends who graduated went on to some of the most prestigious grad schools or law schools in the US. My professors still contact me every now and then, and are always willing to give a good reference.
4th Year Female -- Class 2010
Useful Schoolwork: A+, Scholastic Success: B
Eastern Nazarene College was a great experience, forQuite BrightHistory/Histories (art history/etc.)
Eastern Nazarene College was a great experience, for community and social life and for academics. It was more challenging than I expected for both, because I learned how to live in community and I learned about how to think critically. It is small, but that combined with professors who went to Yale and Johns Hopkins is what helps ENC students beat MIT students for internships and get into Harvard with a scholarship and stipend. It's not the toughest place to get in, either, so it's obviously more invested in your education since it can get you into Ivies for grad school when you probably couldn't have gotten in for undergrad.
4th Year Male -- Class 2006