StudentsReview :: Endicott College - Comments and Student Experiences

Roger Williams University -- Bristol, RI
University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Endicott College

After committing to Endicott, I began reading reviewsBrightFine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
After committing to Endicott, I began reading reviews on this site and others and was appalled by the amount of negative comments about the school. From my first experience on campus at accepted students day, I was amazed by how much of a friendlier, warmer environment it was compared to other schools (and I ended up switching from quinnipiac to Endicott last minute because of this). I believe the reason there is so much negative commentary on here is because people are more passionate in voicing their opinion when it is a counter active one. Besides that however, I think anyone committed or looking at endicott should give it a chance. Every time I leave my building, at least a hand full of students will speak to me or wave, even if we aren't the best of friends. And if you're worried about knowing everyone and getting bored because it's a small school, I still pass people I've never seen before and meet a new person at a party every weekend. Some may see this place as cliquey, but everyone I know in my class belongs to a very close knit group of friends, and what makes it the opposite of cliquey is that, while you have your closest friends, so many groups intermingal (and you don't need to be on a sports team to have a group; I was a walk on so I have my sports friend groups and my regular friend groups, it's a beautiful thing!). Endicott just has a wonderful sense of community and everyone's got everyone else's backs, even the teachers. I failed English my first semester for a multitude of reasons and the dean of my major worked with me constantly to figure out how to fix things, and my English professor reached out to me to give me a second chance to resubmit papers to bring up my failing grade so I wouldn't have that mark on my record because he saw that I was struggling. They really care about you here. The nightlife obviously isn't A1 like it would be at big schools, but I have a great time at the decently sized parties here, and if it's an off night, you can just head into Boston, hit up a local bar, or play kings or other games in the dorms with your buddies. Don't be deterred by the negativity on this site; we have a ridiculously high retention rate for a reason.
1st Year Female -- Class 1920
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Endicott is a fantastic school and I cannotQuite BrightArchitecture & Urban Planning Department
Endicott is a fantastic school and I cannot understand why anyone would want to leave. It is perfect ! The only thing that is lacking is that the city of boston is 20 mins away- but that's a good thing. I went to Northeastern and peopel were getting mugged left and right. They treated you like a number - here you have the bet of both worlds- you can go into the city for nightlife and be in a gorgeous safe campus the rest. This is an amazing school. This school is very innovative and they spend all their money on the students. Gorgeous dorms, amazing beach views, perfect location- fantastic professors and faculty that will bend over backwards for you. Why not Endicott?
4th Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Scholastic Success: F
I must honestly say that my experience atNursing
I must honestly say that my experience at Endicott was the greatest. I had attended other schools (Ivy league and Big 12) and I was quite dissapointed at their level of "customer service". A college is a business, and they are there to make money. Part of their job is to be there for their students and be available if needed. That was not the case at the "other" colleges I attended. I am quite brilliant and graduated with a 4.0 (and maintained that GPA at those other schools, but I always felt like "a number"

They may have had a fancy name or a great football team- but that was it. Endicott is a very special place where everyone from the Dean to Security knows your name and they are always available for their students. You never have to wait for an appt to see them - they always get back with you in record time, and they treat you like family. I never knew who the President of those colleges were- but Mr. Whylie is the coolest and nicest person you will ever meet. Hs is very approachable and knows everyone on campus. You can go to him with any problem and he will take care of it in a minute. He has completely transformed that campus into a ivy-league campus- (minus the ivy). The kids who go to Endicott have no idea how lucky they are and their prospective employers always know about Endicott and are always impressed by your education.

I am now in the graduate program and working as a Professional Nurse and I owe it all to the great professors and staff at Endicott.Thank you ENDICOTT !!

Compare EndicottSave Endicott