StudentsReview :: Quincy College - Comments and Student Experiences

John Brown University -- Siloam Springs, AR
Gordon College -- Wenham, MA
Colby College -- Waterville, ME

Quincy College

I attend the Plymouth Campus of Quincy College.Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
I attend the Plymouth Campus of Quincy College. Believe me, it is a world of difference. All the negative comments That I have read have not happened to myself. I have been going here for a year and a half and haven't heard about such rude and disrespectful treatment of any of the other students. I have come to know all of the professors and most people going here and it is by far the coolest group of people I have ever been associated with. For a commuter school thats really saying something!!! If you put the time in you will have academic success. The professors will bend over backwards for you. The advisors are awesome. They won't rush you. They also do financial aid. They are useful there too. They will help you dot your I's and cross your t's. Their is a tutoring lab with profeesors who teach at the school. Who knows it could be who is offering their services. And it is free. This school is your time and effort. Good luck.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Social Life: D-
I have had a great experience at QuincyQuite BrightEducation
I have had a great experience at Quincy College. The only complaint I have is some of the people in the FA office and Enrollment Office are quite rude. However most of the Professors are great. I have had Professors with their Masters and PHD that also teach at schools like BU, Suffolk and Harvard. I am excited to graduate in May and have worked hard to maintain all A's last year and this year. I plan on going from here to UMass Boston.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2011
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Aesthetics: F
Ok, I have finished one year at Quincy and am a little oveBrightPreLaw and Legal
Ok, I have finished one year at Quincy and am a little over halfway to recieving my Assoc. Degree.
I've read the other comments on this website and felt like I should add my own opinion as it is somewhat different to the previous contributions.

In my opinion Quincy College is a decent school that reinforces the old adage; "you get what you pay for". Yes, it is not the best school in the state, however, I would surmise that the best students in the state aren't trying to attend either. It a good two-year college, and fairly inexpensive(and if your coming from out of state does not apply an instate out of state rate difference).

Yes, the administrative people are sometimes not as helpful as I would like and the financial aid office is, for the most part, staffed with half-wits.

And, if you are looking for the traditional "college experience" you won't find it here. This is more of a school for people who want to get their degree and get on with life. This is not the kind of place where they are going to hold your hand and walk you through every little step. If you need that I would suggest going somewhere else.

The professors are competent for the most part and some are actually quite good. Most are understanding and well educated. Sometimes, you will get the feeling that teaching here is a supplementary job for some of them, and it probrably is.

If you take the time to find out who they are, they have some very interesting and varied backgrounds, and can give real world advice.

As for the facilities, I have never had a problem with the computer labs, they have always worked for me and while the building is boring it's functional and safe, what do you want.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the parking situation, but the Newport campus is literally a minute and a half walk from the T (red line). I don't know I never drive, but I would say that complaint is legitimate.

As far as the person complaining about the Health Insurance fee and how that is an example of how screwed up the place is, that insurance is required by Mass law, so take that issue up with the legislature, it's not the schools fault.

Personally, my only real problem with the school is that the student population, while being varied (race, sexes, age, nationality, etc.) seems to fall into two camps, those that are basically kids and those that are working adults that are trying to better themselves. The latter group already knows that any professional setting is going to have its fair share of bureaucratic hoops to jump through, and while these are unpleasant, that is just how it is, while the former is just learning it. I guess that part of the education process but it becomes a little annoying to listen to all the moaning. That my complaint. Just my 2 cents.

1st Year Female -- Class 2009