StudentsReview :: Framingham State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI
Alfred State College SUNY College of Technology -- Alfred, NY

Framingham State University

This school is pretty awful

Nov 14 2010Nutrition
This school is pretty awful. The student body is pretty friendly and nice but the teachers and advisers make life a living hell for students. This school has a problem with functioning. I need a class for next semester that is all filled because they spend all the money instead of on teacher but on maintenance of school grounds.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Friendliness: A+, Education Quality: F

I transfered here from a two year college

Sep 04 2010Nutrition
I transfered here from a two year college and I absolutly love it! Every campus has their flaws- ours may be the few bad apples amongst our peers that think they own the school. Yes its a dry campus, but considering you are on campus for an education, a 16890 dollar education- drinking should not make up your mind on a college. plenty of off campus sports house parties. Campus police are real police so I always feel safe, like in my little bubble of FSU. My professors are fabulous esp all the ones in Nutrition, they want to see you succeed and provide you with the resources, but will not hold your hand. the only conflict is scheduling classes, its competitive and you have to be on your game.
1st Year Female -- Class 2012
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B-

I don't know why it wasn't available in

Jun 24 2010Other
I don't know why it wasn't available in the drop down menu, but I'm a fashion merchandising and design major here. I like the school a lot, borderline love. There are good things like: my classes, the professors, the sewing labs are available all the time, I've never felt like I was in over my head or what I was doing didn't matter in the grand scheme of things (aside from my research methods class, but i've heard thats a unanimous opinion about that class...) the negative things about the school are: the social aspect- lots of kids go home on weekends, and it feels like a ghost town on Saturdays sometimes, the parking situation- you pay 500 dollars to park your car almost a mile away from school while all the commuters get to park right on campus- and the shuttle doesnt run past 2AM so to get to your car or from your car at that time is really not safe, the IT people don't support Apple computers, which are common throughout the student body- so you have to drive down to the Apple store to get anything fixed on your computer if that happens,
1st Year Male -- Class 2012