StudentsReview ™ :: Lasell College - Comments and Student Experiences

Lasell College

This college is the most amazing school I

Apr 14 2014Art & Design Department
This college is the most amazing school I have ever seen! The connected learning experience I have had here is amazing! My Soc 101 class has been studying criminals and we actually went to a prison to speak to them! It was an experience I will never forget! I love the people here! Majority of people are so kind and willing to do anything to help you! I have never felt like something was so right!
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: A-

PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY

Mar 30 2014Business - Management and Administration
PLEASE SAVE YOUR MONEY.
Lasell College is said to be based on "connected learning" where the students are focal point of class discussions etc. However, this is not the case, your courses will feel exactly what your high school classes are today. Notes notes and more notes; nothing too engaging for a student. In a positive note, professors are willing to help students when needed; it is a small school.

Social life is not the best here. People at Lasell either are fashion majors, dim witted athletes, or the abundance of weird people here. TRUST ME, it is not easy to make friends here; people are anti social, shy, and uninterested in what you have to say. It is very unfortunate that such a promising small school has pot smokers hanging out with one another on the daily. If you are a resident, yeah good luck making friends. Commuter? Forget it. There's also a lot of pale kids here, I think they're albino at times. Anyways, please do not come here if you're socially involved, the kids here are awful and their personalities make me cringe. Lastly, the fashion majors wear heels during blizzards; and they DO NOT know fashion. Save money, look into finding other promising, small schools.

Activities, clubs, and school events are horrific. There is absolutely nothing that makes me say "oh shit this is rad". There is nothing here that will make you feel like what this school has to offer is the unparalleled. Sure you can make your own clubs, good luck finding people who are willing to join.

Education: BAD. It is a sorry excuse for what your parents are paying for. I have yet to feel challenged through my freshman year here. I am still hoping though.When you read this do not think of me as a typical d bag annoyed with the school. That's not the case, I am willing to help the student reading this with their search for a college/university that will benefit them. Lasell College is a small school with helpful teachers, and horrible people. Please read this and take it under consideration, I am writing this for you guys. There is nothing in this school that gives a bang to your parents's buck.

1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Faculty Accessibility: B+, Surrounding City: F

Lasell challenged me to push myself academically

Feb 22 2014Criminal
Lasell challenged me to push myself academically. I believe that you are truly as smart as you push yourself to be, and feel that Lasell always provided me with ways to push myself to be a better student. It is a great feeling to receive your grades at the end of the semester and know how hard you worked to earn them. Lasell prepared me to become a better student, and I continue to use that momentum in my graduate school education.As clich? as it may sound, there is something great at every corner you turn at Lasell. There?s the beautiful campus with the Victorian homes and fall foliage. There?s the Boston Marathon that runs right by Lasell, where you can cheer on your professors and the runners. There are the friends you will make, and strangers who will still say ?hi? when you walk by them. There are the professors who go out of their way to help you, and the President who will always great you with a smile. There?s the faculty and staff guiding you in every imaginable way. The best thing about Lasell College everything that Lasell has to offer students!
4th Year Female -- Class 2013