StudentsReview :: Lasell College - Comments and Student Experiences

Lasell College

As someone who went to Lasell from H.AverageEducation
As someone who went to Lasell from H.S and transferred to a bigger school, only to come back to Lasell, I can say a lot. It's difficult to base a proper opinion off of some of these comments because they are so biased. Lasell is not AMAZING, but Lasell is not TERRIBLE. You get what you make from the school, which goes with pretty much everything else. Yes, it is a very small school and you begin to realize that quickly when you see the same faces often, and Thursday/Saturday nights can be boring every once and a while. I've found many people from this school to be welcoming and friendly, while of course there are always some rude and arrogant individual's you'll run into. However with the right group of people, you can really make your time at Lasell extremely fun, social, and gain a ton of memories. For me, my classes have been generally been challenging (I've switched my major a few times so I can speak on a few different courses) and I've always felt comfortable in class. I do not think Lasell's classes are similar to other schools - class size is true to what they say (no more than 25 kids per usual class) and 90% of my courses are discussion based over lecture. Class participation is a major contender in your overall grade. There are clubs beyond clubs at Lasell, and you can always make your own if you feel strongly about something that is not offered. The food sucks, most days, but that is something common within a lot of colleges. Accessibility to a grocery store, gas station, Dunkin Donuts, malls, and the train are all within walking/shuttle/driving distance. The location of the school is great for safety, you'll never feel threatened here, especially during the night time. In the next town over, there are lots of restaurants and a few good bars that many students go to. While they always say that Boston is only a few miles outside of the school, it does take anywhere from 40 minutes to an hour+ to actually get into the city if you're travelling by the train, so keep that in mind. I do believe that the tuition is overpriced, but it is a private institution. The look of Lasell is average at best, but can easily be remarkable if they kept up with the maintenance of the brick buildings, landscaping, and updated a few areas such as the library. Staff and faculty have always been helpful and friendly towards myself and others I know. The living situations are decent, freshmen always get the crappy end of the stick (smaller rooms and community bathrooms), but once you get through your freshmen year, it just improves (ex: private rooms, choice of housing, bigger living areas). Overall, Lasell is 100% what you make of it - including the people you meet, the opportunities you take, and just putting yourself out there to make the best of your college experience. This school is definitely not for everyone who attends, but those who make the best of it (like myself) really find that there is no place else for them.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-
Lasell College provided me with a great educationQuite BrightEducation
Lasell College provided me with a great education and living on campus was an awesome experience. I was an out of state student and I was able to accomplish all of my goals and then some at Lasell. The teachers were available for questions or reviews on class lectures. The campus is beautiful and very safe. Travelling to Boston for shopping was very easy and exciting. I also loved the dining hall and the food. I loved breakfast which I took advantage more than lunch or dinner. At Lasell you have to be proactive in your search for success. If you want to do well, study, use all available resources and meet your teachers. I think it is what you make out of it when you attend any college. Lasell holds many great memories for me as it was a place I learned and made many friends. It is a small school but it has been around for a long time and you will be happy to have been part of such a great history. I want to encourage you to give Lasell a chance. I think for me going up on the podium and getting my degree from Dr. Dewitt was a lasting memory and so very special. I will always love Lasell College. I transferred to my home state to go to school for my Bachelors but it wasn't as great as Lasell.
3rd Year Female -- Class 1991
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Useful Schoolwork: B+
This school is fake.Business - Management and Administration
This school is fake. All of the comments below are real. I wish I took them into consideration before I came. I thought "oh people bash every school" but the comments here are legit. They give everyone scholarships so they can actually get people to come here. I never have homework and everyone treats this place like camp. I actually want to get an education and a degree that means something so I'm transferring next semester.

Duquesne University (PA) 1:negative

Prescott College (AZ) 1:positive

Blinn College (TX) 1:negative

University of Kentucky (KY) 1:negative

Lasell College
Compare LasellSave Lasell

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→