StudentsReview :: Middlesex Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Middlesex Community College

My classes and professors have been great, but

Aug 26 2014Other
My classes and professors have been great, but the trolls in financial aid are a nightmare. They treat you like your trying to ask for a million dollars. I have been jumping though hoops for these bitter overpaid #$%&*%# for 3 months now, and as of today they still have not decided whether they are going to give me aid (literally amounts to $400) for summer, even though my summer classes ended a month ago.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A, Faculty Accessibility: B

This school is a joke

Nov 25 2013Computer Science
This school is a joke. The computer science curriculum is lacking and is very outdated seeing as its a relatively new degree program at the school. The professors themselves are not to bad most are pretty chill but the rest of the faculty is intolerable, student services usually has no idea how to answer your questions without looking up the relevant info on the computer (which is usually wrong and not up to date). Financial aid reps are a miserable bunch and speak to you like you are an incompetent fool. This school is horrible, the only good thing about it is the transfer programs credits are guaranteed to transfer to any instate four year university (which isn't very helpful if they don't teach you jack).
2nd Year Male -- Class 2014
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Education Quality: F

Sometimes I like Middlesex, and sometimes I hate

Feb 27 2013Criminal
Sometimes I like Middlesex, and sometimes I hate it.
Education wise, Middlesex is excellent. I'm a criminal justice major, and the professors I've had so far have been great. They all want to see their students excel, and it's clear that they have a love for what their teaching. The general education teachers are a different story. They're either really great, or they really suck.

My main problem with Middlesex is the campus. Parking is problem. If you don't get to campus by 9 am, you're stuck parking at the VA lot. Since it's a commuter school, there should be adequate parking on campus.The student body is okay. A lot of people come from Billerica/Lowell/Tewksbury. I found some of them approachable, others I wanted nothing to do with. There's really no social life, so don't come here for one. The people you meet with become acquaintances.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016