StudentsReview :: MCPHS University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

MCPHS University

If you are considering MCPHS for nursing, pleaseQuite BrightNursing
If you are considering MCPHS for nursing, please don't. I am literally begging you. If I didn't transfer here already and would lose all my nursing credits, I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. We are constantly lied to, treated with minimal respect, and are always, and I mean ALWAYS given the short end of the stick. To start, the previous dean who left in the summer of 2020 was pretty shitty, and the new one seems even shittier. The previous dean didn't get us into fall clinical on time, so now we're starting fall clinical two months late and in NURSING HOMES. NURSING HOMES. NURSING HOMES. The school is on fucking Longwood ave for Christ's sake. They really couldn't get us into the bigger Boston hospitals? Then, they feed you the same lies over and over again with the "we're working on things, hang in there! <3" bullshit when they don't do anything. The staff is condescending and rude. Placed in a clinical an hour away and have no way to get there? your fault. Have a traumatic life event going on? your fault. Missed lab because someone died? your fault. The staff gives ZERO FUCKS about their students. Also, they plan everything and do everything last minute. So if you like to plan things out and work and have a social life, throw that right out the window. They are constantly changing due dates, syllabi, courses, lab times and clinical times. Everything is constantly changed with minimal notice. Bosses LOVE when you have to change your schedule a million times because your clown college can't formulate schedules for students without interfering class times. This place is way overpriced for what it is and what it has to offer. I HATE it here and If you are considering MCPHS for nursing just save yourself the agony and go somewhere like Emmanuel or Simmons where they can be placed in actual Boston hospitals unlike MCPHS who puts us in med-surg clinicals in nursing homes :)
2nd Year Female -- Class 1921
LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS - DO NOT GO HERE.BrightNursing
LISTEN TO THE REVIEWS - DO NOT GO HERE. This is a money hungry school that does not care about the students what so ever. The nursing program in particular is a serious joke. I wish I saved myself the headache and listened to the reviews online. If you want to be overcome with anxiety for 3 years, talked down to/treated like a child, and expected to deal with the lack of communication by faculty then by all means, come to MCPHS. They have little respect for our own lives and are extremely unprepared, yet expect us to be prepared and on time when they never are. WE DON'T EVEN HAVE OUR OWN PROFESSOR FOR OUR COURSES ON THE BOSTON CAMPUS. We wait weeks to know our schedules and when they are finally released, they break up groups by alphabetical order... that shows that they are just disorganized and don't know how to prepare for the semester before it begins. Don't waste your time, don't waste your money. Your mental health with deteriorate being a student here.
3rd Year Female -- Class 1921
I?m in the accelerated post-bac nursing program andBrightNursing
I?m in the accelerated post-bac nursing program and it is TERRIBLE. The program is not difficult but there is no communication between the staff and students to the point that exams and schedules will change the day before. When you seek out help, many of the professors are condescending. There are definitely some good professors and the lab simulation director is great, but overall it has been disappointing, especially with the cost of the program. The biggest problem is honestly the Dean of the nursing school. She taught a course and we did not receive grades until the last week of the semester. She constantly changes important parts of the program and does not communicate those changes to the students. Often times her emails are aggressive and she treats the students like children, even though the majority of us are 25 or older. If accelerated programs allowed transfers, this program would have few students left.
1st Year Female -- Class 1921