StudentsReview :: Merrimack College - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Saint Joseph College -- West Hartford, CT

Merrimack College

Before anyone reads this review let it beBrightPsychology
Before anyone reads this review let it be known that I am writing it simply to give prospective students advice and information about Merrimack that I would of liked to know about this school before attending rather than just writing negative (but true things) about this school. Lets begin..

Academics:
Every student is different but if anyone like myself has struggled with school in the past that is okay because this school is not very challenging. Theres really no such thing as homework in your classes and if it is teachers don't even bother to check it. My assignments have consisted of many papers and essays however but they are manageable. I came to college thinking it was going to be the hardest thing ever in which it probably is at other schools, but if you went to a private preparatory school or a challenging school in general you are all set and shouldn't have too much trouble with the academics here.

Dorm/Residence Life:

this is probably my biggest problem with the school. I cannot even begin to fathom how many problems I have had with living in the dorms and dealing with the very UNHELPFUL residence life. I just finished my second semester and have already moved rooms and buildings THREE times because apparently the residence life thinks its okay to just move students like that. If you have a problem with your roommate or living situation then good luck to you because the res life does not give a fuck AT ALL. I suggest living in Ash so that you can live in a suite because if you live in Deegan east or west there is a 40% chance you will be put into a FORCED TRIPLE. Also if you get put into the doubles in Ash then I feel very sorry for you, get out immediately.

Social Life:
social life here is a joke I don't even know where to even begin. Every party here is run by the sports teams. The parties are usually in the old outdated apartments or in Gatti (i mean O' Brien sorry) and these parties always end up getting broken up by RA's or the Merrimack Police very quickly anyways. The parities are just big drunk grindfests anyways. Merrimack is so secluded from everything like the city so you can even go bars, clubs or anything, well except for the Cladaugh bar in Lawrence which you have to have a car to get to anyways. No one is here on the weekends to begin with, they either go home or to their friend's schools. ALSO we do not have a shuttle system here so you're stuck here 24/7.

People:
Everyone comes from upper middle class families from around here and I am one of the very many so thats all I have to say here. People in general here are friendly but you're going to find people you like and those you don't like at every school.

Food: we have one dinning hall and its so bad I starve all the time. The den and Zest are okay but are expensive.

Buildings: Very old and outdated, in need of improvement!
Overall I would suggest not attending this school.

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Useful Schoolwork: A, University Resource Use/ spending: F
To be honest, I absolutely hated Merrimack duringBrightBusiness - Management and Administration
To be honest, I absolutely hated Merrimack during the first quarter. I felt like the kids got obnoxious and annoying. I'm not a huge drinker, but I could handle a beer or a few unlike these kids. But I found out that it was basically just my building. For some reason, they stuck the retards in the gross old, Ash building. As long as you pick Deegen East or even Deegen West as a secondary, you should be set. It takes awhile to meet people here because people leave the campus a lot for other colleges considering this is a catholic college and it doesn't have the most crazy parties. But eventually, they stray away and everyone almost gets to meet each other at some point because of the small campus size. Half the teachers suck and half don't, just read reviews on them on ratemyprofessor.com and you should be alright. This school seems to missplace all the money I send to them, because there are really some things that need to be renovated. Things keep getting better here for me as the idiots are slowly being weeded out by either transferring or failing out. I'd recommend it here.
1st Year Male -- Class 2013