StudentsReview ™ :: Mount Holyoke College - Comments and Student Experiences

Smith Chapel Bible College -- Tallahassee, FL

Mount Holyoke College

Mount Holyoke is not

Oct 04 2013Math
Mount Holyoke is not the typical college and in a majority of ways its surpasses any expectations I had about university. The campus is a beautiful place to be at and it's a great place to make close friends. It might get lonely at times for some but thats only if youre into partying.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Social Life: C

In the summer of 2012, I was browsing

Sep 11 2013Chemistry
In the summer of 2012, I was browsing this website and all the negative reviews made me question whether or not Mount Holyoke was the right choice for me. After being here for a year, I cannot stress that this environment is perfect not only for me, but for a lot of girls as well . Mount Holyoke has all types of people and yes, it may not be the right fit for the girl who wants to get wasted every weekend, but for girls who want to succeed and be in an environment that is safe, beautiful and welcoming it is perfect. I think the no boys thing scared me at first, but a week into my first classes last fall, I realized that you still see many males from other schools on campus. The PVTA also runs really frequently and going other places is not a huge hassle. And most importantly there is this huge bond with Mount Holyoke women that lasts far beyond graduation.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: B

I love Mount Holyoke

Apr 02 2013Other
I love Mount Holyoke. You will definitely get a good education here. I'm in the gender studies department and to a lesser extent the computer science department and I love both of them. The computer science department is small. This is definitely not a party school but it's also surprisingly uncompetitive. There's something very peaceful about this place. Not that it doesn't have its share of problems but it's easy to find a home here.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2015