StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Feb 12 2013Animal Studies

Excellent program, best program reputation

Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

Huge waste of time and money

Feb 07 2013Unknown
Huge waste of time and money.
After being told I was "all set to register for classes", the financial aid department put a hold on my account -- therefore not allowing me to register for classes (which I found out after I made my schedule). I was told that more than half of the incoming undergraduates also had their accounts on hold and were in the same situation as me. The financial aid department couldn't have been more uninterested in helping me. I finally got into classes after missing the first week. I was extremely disappointed after one of my professors was arrogant and rude to me in front of the class after introducing myself and explaining my situation. I withdrew from Mount Ida because I'm not paying $30k+ a year to be taught by unprofessionals.

Most of the students here are ratchet and ghetto. I didn't find any of them approachable. Mount Ida doesn't have that good of a reputation and it isn't a respectable college. Glad I jumped ship.

Surrounding City: A, Individual Value: F

This school is HORRIBLE!!! The people here are

Nov 18 2013Criminal
This school is HORRIBLE!!! The people here are rich stuck up ass wholes! If you are not apart of a sports team you will have no social life. This school is a complete JOKE! There is no fun to be had here! If you play music or have your tv on people will complain to your RA! If you are a freshmen & live in wingate (like me) don't leave your windows open at night because the tiles in your ceiling will blow up. There is also a leak over my bed that I can't get maintenance to come fix. The school has absolutely NO pride or spirt. The sport players get no support from the school, everyone expects them to do bad! The food is gross! I eat salad & yogurt everyday for breakfast and lunch. The schools rules are very restricting so ALOT of times you have to get off campus to enjoy yourself which is hard if you have no car or money. Some RA's are very nosey and always stick their noses where they don't belong. If you try to have fun on weekends in your room RA's do rounds to make sure that doesn't happen. SOME teachers are horrible and simply give busy work. My high schools work was more challenging than the work here. I don't feel like after my four years here that I will be prepared to work in the criminal justice field! The bathrooms are gross. There is always mold on the ceiling and toilets ore often clogged. Laura Deavo is a BITCH from hell! & I swear that the new president of MIC is doing his hardest to make sure that our lives are living hells. I have not met anyone who actually likes & wants to stay at this school! The school is hard to transfer out of because all credits won't transfer. On campus parties are more like elementary school dances. Not to bring race into this but if your african american and are used to being around other African Americans then take my advice & stay far away This school is a waste of time and money. The only good thing about this school is the shuttle system and the career services. I hate this school and pray everyday that things will get better. If this school is your only choice I would suggest going to the army, going right to work , or going to community college. I had more freedom at home this school is a living nightmare and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy !!!!!!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F