StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Huge waste of time and money

Feb 07 2013Unknown
Huge waste of time and money.
After being told I was "all set to register for classes", the financial aid department put a hold on my account -- therefore not allowing me to register for classes (which I found out after I made my schedule). I was told that more than half of the incoming undergraduates also had their accounts on hold and were in the same situation as me. The financial aid department couldn't have been more uninterested in helping me. I finally got into classes after missing the first week. I was extremely disappointed after one of my professors was arrogant and rude to me in front of the class after introducing myself and explaining my situation. I withdrew from Mount Ida because I'm not paying $30k+ a year to be taught by unprofessionals.

Most of the students here are ratchet and ghetto. I didn't find any of them approachable. Mount Ida doesn't have that good of a reputation and it isn't a respectable college. Glad I jumped ship.

Surrounding City: A, Individual Value: F

While this school may not be big or

Oct 04 2012Psychology
While this school may not be big or prestigious overall I would say it's a good school. However you have to get involved if you want to get everything this school has to offer. If you want to be a straight A student you can do that here, or if you want to party every night you can do that, it's really what you put into it. The academics are a little too easy, but because it's I am able to dual major, so I'm actually glade the school's little easy. The worst part of the school is the maintenance of the school and how disgusting the dorms are. It's partly the students fault and partly the schools fault. And people tend to be loud and drunk at night, but all college dorms are gross, and college student's drink, so it's to be expected. Most of the students are nice, I've met a few mean ones, but that's also to be expected. My teachers are helpful and the school is small enough that they can make time for me. Overall the school is as good or bad as you make it to be, depending on how involved you get.
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Aesthetics: A, Campus Maintenance: D

This is the worst school in the entire

Nov 19 2012Biology
This is the worst school in the entire country, it has got to be. I came here on scholarship and had normal expectations and I regret every dollar every minute wasted in this run down, pathetic excuseFor a college. I now attend a community college and I am so much happier. Lets start with the dorms. As a freshman I lived in wingate (2009) there was black mold all over the tiny bathroom which we had to cram our bodies into. Due to the small space and no adequate ventilation system the steam and mold caused the paint to tear and fall from the ceilings. I would be afraid to take showers. I had a chronic cough for months had chest x rays done and was put on an inhaler. If I had enough money I would sue the school. Education is the biggest joke ever. The professors are often underpaid, most did not speak Proper English in the science majors, and would cAncel class more times than not. Student life is non existent. The reputation this school has is called mount mattress. The girls call themselves idahoes. Stds are reported to be a huge issue with upperclassmen at more than 50-75 percent with chlamydia and herpes. The food is repulsive. The only thing I ate was salads. So many many many students including myself have gotten food poisoning from Carlson. Laura deveau is probably the worst human being I have had to meet, she is arrogant, unprofessional and she and her entire department is the reason why I was diagnosed with depression. They handled an issue I had with another student in such a way that allowed me to feel unsafe based on threats I received which campus police did nothing about. I hope the entire college staff and prospective students read this and think twice before wasting your money to go here. At best I would recommend COMMUTING to this school for their dental hygiene vet tech or funeral service program. (One of the best) other than that I strongly suggest and even plead with you to not go there. I don't think any human being deserves what I went through just because I wanted an opportunity at a good education and the chance to make my parents proud.