StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

I entered this school as a freshman and

Jan 17 2012Psychology
I entered this school as a freshman and I lived in Wingate which sucked. This school sucks !! It is dirty, disgusting and maintenance suck. You will often find throw up all around campus especially on Thirsty Thursdays, when attending here I saw dirty used tampons in the showers, human feces in the shower and bugs everywhere. You will see a spider in your room everyday and the rooms are extremely small and hot. The school is too expensive for its own good! It is a waste of money and you barely get financial aid. I regret ever stepping foot in this place. And oh yeah I don't know why people call this a party school because nothing fun goes on here. "Parties" get broken up in 5 minutes and barely ever happen. Hoodrats just walk around campus drunk and guys are continuously just trying to hook up. No wonder they call this school Mount mattress...There are too many sluts who do not have respect for themselves and guys are horny, ugly, and don't even date their own race
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A, Useful Schoolwork: F
Jul 28 2011Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc

This school made who I am today. MT Ida prepares you to be independent and successful. I love this school.

Starting Job: Assistant designer Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

This school was a perfect fit for me

Jul 28 2011Interior Design
This school was a perfect fit for me. The people were really friendly; it was easy to get involve. They listen to the student?s opinion. If you want to party you can party, if you want to study, you can study. You make the best of it. YES, some of the residents are not the best, but trust me, I seen much worst, the new building is amazing, something for freshmans to look forward to. They have programs for just about anything and everyone. TLC for low income and first generation students; SALSA club for Latinos; BSAC for African Americans, great honors program, LOP for student with learning disabilities and many others. You are always rewarded for your hard work. At Mount Ida I learn so much in the classroom and outside as well. Yes, the college is small. BETTER!! All the attention is on you. You are missed if you don't go to class. The president knows your name, the cafeteria people know who you are. I made the best of it when I was there, you could too. Some people might talk bad about MIC, make sure you ask if they got kicked out for doing something bad or got bad grades for not showing up to class, trust me it happens. I do have a lot of students? loans, Sallie MAE hunts me. All colleges are like that, regardless where you go; unless you get a full scholarship you will have student loans. I see it as an investment on me, the person I am today thanks to Mount Ida College.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008