StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Jul 28 2011Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc

This school made who I am today. MT Ida prepares you to be independent and successful. I love this school.

Starting Job: Assistant designer Preparedness: A+ Reputation: A+

The school should be classified as a junior

Jun 18 2011Undecided
The school should be classified as a junior college as best. It is a total waste of money and time. Retention, alcohol and drugs are a definite problem on campus which is not being addressed adequately. I would strongly advise that you visit and look around carefully at the campus environment. Save your money and your time and seek a quality education elsewhere. Do research and read the statistics, particularly regarding retention rates, it is eye-opening!
1st Year Male -- Class 2014
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Perceived Campus Safety: F

This school was a perfect fit for me

Jul 28 2011Interior Design
This school was a perfect fit for me. The people were really friendly; it was easy to get involve. They listen to the student?s opinion. If you want to party you can party, if you want to study, you can study. You make the best of it. YES, some of the residents are not the best, but trust me, I seen much worst, the new building is amazing, something for freshmans to look forward to. They have programs for just about anything and everyone. TLC for low income and first generation students; SALSA club for Latinos; BSAC for African Americans, great honors program, LOP for student with learning disabilities and many others. You are always rewarded for your hard work. At Mount Ida I learn so much in the classroom and outside as well. Yes, the college is small. BETTER!! All the attention is on you. You are missed if you don't go to class. The president knows your name, the cafeteria people know who you are. I made the best of it when I was there, you could too. Some people might talk bad about MIC, make sure you ask if they got kicked out for doing something bad or got bad grades for not showing up to class, trust me it happens. I do have a lot of students? loans, Sallie MAE hunts me. All colleges are like that, regardless where you go; unless you get a full scholarship you will have student loans. I see it as an investment on me, the person I am today thanks to Mount Ida College.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008