StudentsReview ™ :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

The main beef I have with Mount Ida

Sep 22 2010Unknown
The main beef I have with Mount Ida is the intolerance. For a school that totes diversity, they sure don't have very much. I know multiple people that are bullied on a regular basis, which is something that SHOULD stop in high school but for some reason doesn't here. I have heard kids called 'faggot', 'disgusting', 'weird', etc. If you are not 'normal' in some way you are looked down upon--there's no niche to fit in here. It's just like high school. If you weren't popular there don't expect to be here, either.

Walking down the hallway I hear tons of racial slurs. I don't care if you're african american--it does NOT make it okay to degrade yourself by using the N word all the time. That and the drinking. I live in a 24hr quiet suite...I still hear drunk kids at 3 in the morning.

It is super easy to sneak onto campus. It makes me feel relatively unsafe. That and they refuse to install cameras in the hallways when there are regular break ins, many of which involve broken windows or kicked down doors. Public safety doesn't really do a whole lot about this except have you fill out an incident report and sit there with their thumbs up their butts.

The dorms themselves are falling apart, especially the freshman ones, and getting any sort of maintenance can take a very long time.In short...if my program were being offered elsewhere, I probably wouldn't be going here.

1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: F

I love this school, I'm really glad I

Aug 01 2010Other
I love this school, I'm really glad I went to Mount Ida and not Lasell, its much nicer from what I have seen a heard. The dorms are nice and close, and the people are always really nice. Everyone is friendly and it is easily referred to as "home". I cant wait to go back and there is no place better than mount ida.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

The school isn't bad, let's start with that

May 09 2010Criminal
The school isn't bad, let's start with that. The classes are good, at least for my current major, and my former major they were. I made some of the best friends of my life here. Partying does kind of suck, as you're basically sitting in a room and drinking with music on and maybe four other people with you, because if you tried to have more you'd get written up. Our sports are nothing to brag about, and our sport players even less so. The football team actually has a degree of discipline and respect, as was I'm sure instilled by their coach. However, the Lacrosse team is 99% of the time, a different story.I think if you're looking for a good criminal justice undergrad program, this is the place to be, especially if you're a commuter from the nearby area, but if you want to live on campus, it's not so bad either. Boston isn't too far, and getting a car on campus if you have one isn't overly difficult.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2012