StudentsReview ™ :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

I thought Mount Ida would be great

Jun 21 2008Criminal
I thought Mount Ida would be great. It was my first choice and only choice for a school. The beginning of the year was pretty alright.

Come Halloween a teacher (name withdrawn) called me a freak in-front of the whole class because I dressed up. I wasn't the only one who had dressed up that day.

During the winer, we had very little heat to keep our dorms warm. Come spring/summer is when they had the heat on. The lose of hot water in the dorm wasn't pleasant at all. You would think they would but the 10,000 towards dorms for good use...it doesn't. My dorm wasn't the only one that experienced problems. Mine and one other had pipes burst, keeping students out of the dorms for awhile. Luckily mine was for a day, the other dorm it was maybe about a week or less.

There was a good amount of break-ins near the end of the year. As well as a friend of mine getting stabbed on campus which was the floor above me. The drinking at my college did get a bit out of control. Freshmen were getting sent to the hospital because they drank to much. It was almost put on the news the alcohol problem that was happening.The only good thing I can say about the school was the classes, and thats about it. Overall if you choose to go here I advise you to commute instead of staying on campus

1st Year Female -- Class 2011
Education Quality: A+, Campus Maintenance: C+

Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and

May 17 2008Unknown
Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and students most of the time. Majority of the professors are extremely friendly and helpful to their students. Only met with my advisor twice the entire time I was at the school, tried multiple attempts to reach her resulting in more semesters for me and more money spent. The culture around campus is very high school like- drama, cliques, arrogance and ignorance.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: D+

Mount Ida is a college that is growing

Nov 19 2007Criminal
Mount Ida is a college that is growing. Each year this place gets better. I really enjoy my time here. My major (CJ) is really an awsome program. Our professors are really good. The college is literally growing, building an award winning new residence hall in 2007. There will be a new Vet Tech building and Library in the next 2 years. A degree from this college is most certainly worth a lot! As time goes by this place will only continue to improve. If you look around there is much to do outside of class. With over 20 clubs and organizations, it won't be hard to find something to do if you want to. There is a great campus newspaper. Student Government is also very strong and growing.
2nd Year Male -- Class 2009