StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Mount Ida is not the best school but

Aug 06 2008Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Mount Ida is not the best school but I took some classes that were excellent, outside my major which was Graphic Design. The Graphic Design program is not good but the faculty is very friendly. The registration office is probably the worst department of this college, the people that works on this area are rude. I would not recommend this school for a career in Graphic Design or Fashion Design. Overall been in Boston and Newton was an excellent experience.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008
Surrounding City: A-, Collaboration/Competitive: D-

Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and

May 17 2008Unknown
Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and students most of the time. Majority of the professors are extremely friendly and helpful to their students. Only met with my advisor twice the entire time I was at the school, tried multiple attempts to reach her resulting in more semesters for me and more money spent. The culture around campus is very high school like- drama, cliques, arrogance and ignorance.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: D+

I thought Mount Ida would be great

Jun 21 2008Criminal
I thought Mount Ida would be great. It was my first choice and only choice for a school. The beginning of the year was pretty alright.

Come Halloween a teacher (name withdrawn) called me a freak in-front of the whole class because I dressed up. I wasn't the only one who had dressed up that day.

During the winer, we had very little heat to keep our dorms warm. Come spring/summer is when they had the heat on. The lose of hot water in the dorm wasn't pleasant at all. You would think they would but the 10,000 towards dorms for good use...it doesn't. My dorm wasn't the only one that experienced problems. Mine and one other had pipes burst, keeping students out of the dorms for awhile. Luckily mine was for a day, the other dorm it was maybe about a week or less.

There was a good amount of break-ins near the end of the year. As well as a friend of mine getting stabbed on campus which was the floor above me. The drinking at my college did get a bit out of control. Freshmen were getting sent to the hospital because they drank to much. It was almost put on the news the alcohol problem that was happening.The only good thing I can say about the school was the classes, and thats about it. Overall if you choose to go here I advise you to commute instead of staying on campus

1st Year Female -- Class 2011