StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

i was a fashion major at mount ida

Nov 07 2010Other
i was a fashion major at mount ida. Good luck trying to transfer mount ida credits relating to your major into the same major at a new school. Most schools dont recognize them as anything but an elective. Do not go to this school unless you're 100% sure you'll stay there for graduation. Otherwise mount ida is a waste of time and money. Most students are spoiled and have nothing to do but gossip. The campus is nice but the residence halls are out of date (except the new building, which is poorly designed.) the teachers are excellent. There is a lot of pot on campus and excessive drinking. I would not reccomend this school.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2012
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Education Quality: F

I love this school, I'm really glad I

Aug 01 2010Other
I love this school, I'm really glad I went to Mount Ida and not Lasell, its much nicer from what I have seen a heard. The dorms are nice and close, and the people are always really nice. Everyone is friendly and it is easily referred to as "home". I cant wait to go back and there is no place better than mount ida.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

This school was a perfect fit for me

Jul 28 2011Interior Design
This school was a perfect fit for me. The people were really friendly; it was easy to get involve. They listen to the student?s opinion. If you want to party you can party, if you want to study, you can study. You make the best of it. YES, some of the residents are not the best, but trust me, I seen much worst, the new building is amazing, something for freshmans to look forward to. They have programs for just about anything and everyone. TLC for low income and first generation students; SALSA club for Latinos; BSAC for African Americans, great honors program, LOP for student with learning disabilities and many others. You are always rewarded for your hard work. At Mount Ida I learn so much in the classroom and outside as well. Yes, the college is small. BETTER!! All the attention is on you. You are missed if you don't go to class. The president knows your name, the cafeteria people know who you are. I made the best of it when I was there, you could too. Some people might talk bad about MIC, make sure you ask if they got kicked out for doing something bad or got bad grades for not showing up to class, trust me it happens. I do have a lot of students? loans, Sallie MAE hunts me. All colleges are like that, regardless where you go; unless you get a full scholarship you will have student loans. I see it as an investment on me, the person I am today thanks to Mount Ida College.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008