StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

----DO NOT COME HERE----Quite BrightBusiness - Management and Administration
----DO NOT COME HERE----This school is absolutely horrendous. The facilities, dorms, classrooms, etc, are all extremely outdated, or if they have been "renovated", it has already been destroyed. Unless you live in New Hall (which is ironically 7 years old) it is like living in a jungle. The campus life is not structured for you to have a great experience. It is set to have you fail. There is no such thing as the word "fun" in the residence life office. I was treated as more of an adult in my high school. The residence life office staff is not approachable, and almost intimidates you. They do not care about your well being, they simply care about looking good in front of auditors for more money. The school is extremely over priced, and when you see the conditions of the school you wonder where all your money is going. On the outside it is somewhat well maintained especially around certain dates (accepted students day, commencement, open house). But, the inside of buildings is something you see in a horror movie. The food here is so bad I do not even want to get in depth of it because I cringe at the thought of it. I've starved many nights because I refuse to eat the food. The one good thing about the school is location. It is set back in a wooded area tucked away from everything, but is only a few miles away from Boston and the MBTA train. The classes are not as challenging as they portrayed them to be when I came for open house and orientation. I put in average effort and still earned a acceptably high GPA. The classes are smaller scale which is nice to be interactive instead of a large 200+ person lecture. With this short review I can say I fully regret not transferring from Mount Ida when I had the chance. Yes, it is my fault, but the longer I attended the worse it got. Be smart, go to a state school to enjoy your time in school as well get a recognizable degree.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Surrounding City: A-, Individual Value: F
Not so brightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
ths school is a joke, dont come here
2nd Year Male -- Class 2017
Surrounding City: A+, Social Life: F
If you're thinking about going to this school,Quite BrightBiology
If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular people like me. There is no diversity. There are no academic clubs. For over a month, there was no access to the gym. No hot water! The food makes me sick, daily. Don't waste your time here, please. The classes aren't academically challenging, in the slightest. I taught myself chemistry through youtube last semester. This year at Mount Ida was an absolute waste of time for me, and after this semester, I'm transferring. I live in freshmen housing. I'm pretty sure one of my RAs has a learning disability. Both of them are extremely unapproachable and rude. This place is absolute hell. DON'T GO HERE.
Scholastic Success: C+, Collaboration/Competitive: F