StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Jan 18 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
If you're thinking about going to this school, please do not. I graduated high school with a 4.0 GPA. Going to this school was a HORRIBLE decision. Mount Ida is a prison, for intelligent, regular people like me. There is no diversity. There are no academic clubs. For over a month, there was no access to the gym. No hot water! The food makes me sick, daily. Don't waste your time here, please. The classes aren't academically challenging, in the slightest. I taught myself chemistry through youtube last semester. This year at Mount Ida was an absolute waste of time for me, and after this semester, I'm transferring. I live in freshmen housing. I'm pretty sure one of my RAs has a learning disability. Both of them are extremely unapproachable and rude. This place is absolute hell. DON'T GO HERE.
Scholastic Success: C+, Collaboration/Competitive: F
Dec 19 2013Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I went to Mount Ida right after I gradated high school and it was a terrible mistake. The school is horrible, the people that go there are snooty and rude, the wifi never works, and its just an overall bad school. There are no parties or social life at all. I finished one semester and I withdrew as soon as I could.
Campus Aesthetics: A, University Resource Use: F
Nov 18 2013Criminal
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
This school is HORRIBLE!!! The people here are rich stuck up ass wholes! If you are not apart of a sports team you will have no social life. This school is a complete JOKE! There is no fun to be had here! If you play music or have your tv on people will complain to your RA! If you are a freshmen & live in wingate (like me) don't leave your windows open at night because the tiles in your ceiling will blow up. There is also a leak over my bed that I can't get maintenance to come fix. The school has absolutely NO pride or spirt. The sport players get no support from the school, everyone expects them to do bad! The food is gross! I eat salad & yogurt everyday for breakfast and lunch. The schools rules are very restricting so ALOT of times you have to get off campus to enjoy yourself which is hard if you have no car or money. Some RA's are very nosey and always stick their noses where they don't belong. If you try to have fun on weekends in your room RA's do rounds to make sure that doesn't happen. SOME teachers are horrible and simply give busy work. My high schools work was more challenging than the work here. I don't feel like after my four years here that I will be prepared to work in the criminal justice field! The bathrooms are gross. There is always mold on the ceiling and toilets ore often clogged. Laura Deavo is a BITCH from hell! & I swear that the new president of MIC is doing his hardest to make sure that our lives are living hells. I have not met anyone who actually likes & wants to stay at this school! The school is hard to transfer out of because all credits won't transfer. On campus parties are more like elementary school dances. Not to bring race into this but if your african american and are used to being around other African Americans then take my advice & stay far away This school is a waste of time and money. The only good thing about this school is the shuttle system and the career services. I hate this school and pray everyday that things will get better. If this school is your only choice I would suggest going to the army, going right to work , or going to community college. I had more freedom at home this school is a living nightmare and I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy !!!!!!!!!! STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Perceived Campus Safety: A, Individual Value: F