StudentsReview :: Mount Ida College - Comments and Student Experiences

Philander Smith College -- Little Rock, AR
Hobart and William Smith Colleges -- Geneva, NY
Smith College -- Northampton, MA

Mount Ida College

Mount Ida is not the best school but

Aug 06 2008Fine Arts - Painting/Sculpture/Photography/etc
Mount Ida is not the best school but I took some classes that were excellent, outside my major which was Graphic Design. The Graphic Design program is not good but the faculty is very friendly. The registration office is probably the worst department of this college, the people that works on this area are rude. I would not recommend this school for a career in Graphic Design or Fashion Design. Overall been in Boston and Newton was an excellent experience.
4th Year Female -- Class 2008
Surrounding City: A-, Collaboration/Competitive: D-

Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and

May 17 2008Unknown
Unorganized, no communication between registrar's office and students most of the time. Majority of the professors are extremely friendly and helpful to their students. Only met with my advisor twice the entire time I was at the school, tried multiple attempts to reach her resulting in more semesters for me and more money spent. The culture around campus is very high school like- drama, cliques, arrogance and ignorance.
4th Year Female -- Class 2007
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Social Life: D+

I went to MIC the years of 04-06

Nov 01 2010Psychology
I went to MIC the years of 04-06. During my expierence at the time, the facilities were disgusting. def not cleaned properly. I didnt find the work load/classes too challenging. I felt like i was in high school, including campus life as well. I met a lot of good people when i went to school there and had a lot of fun, however it is a very small campus. Just like high school there was too much drama/gossiping/etc. The years i was there i had a really good time, and the party life was pretty good. The last year i attended in 06, it seemed the party life on campus was disapeering. looking back on it, it was a good expierience and a lot of fun, but def not worth the endless phone calls from sallie-mae.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2008