StudentsReview :: Newbury College - Comments and Student Experiences

Endicott College -- Beverly, MA
Oberlin College -- Oberlin, OH
Babson College -- Babson Park, MA

Newbury College

I was on faculty at Newbury for threeEnglish
I was on faculty at Newbury for three years. By every measure the college is sub par at best. I quit when I had a senior in Business Communications who had been lead to believe she could be Oprah's assistant despite the fact that this young woman could not write two complete English sentences in a row after four years in Newbury's signature program.There is no reason Newbury should exist other than to suck money from the poor.
Newbury college.Psychology
Newbury college. Where do I even begin. Currently I am in my junior year and it is my third year living on campus. The pros of Newbury are quite simple. It's a good location. Some of the teachers are great. You will make a couple of awesome friends. The facilities people work so hard to keep our campus nice and they're the nicest people you'd ever meet. The staff in the dinning hall are all extremely nice as well. Here are the cons. John mayo picks favorites and is quite an asshole. Once you get on his bad side he will not be any sort of help to you. The college does a lot of playing favorites. He isn't afraid to talk to the RAS about specific students. The RAS are the ones who kiss his ass the most. So embrace that if you'd like to be an RA. the dorms are small dirty and hot. And if you're in to sports good luck. The coaches also play favorites. Mark Thomas is the volleyball coach and quite frankly has no idea what he is doing. It seems to me the college just hires idiots to train other idiots. It's a cycle. All the athletes are a huge click and constantly get drunk and smoke weed. The coaches know this and could care less. Overall if you chose to go to Newbury your experience is different for each person. Some will enjoy it and some will want to shoot themselves. It's all about who's ass you kiss to make the four or two years easier.
The last few comments were written by faculty,Psychology
The last few comments were written by faculty, I can tell. Please, PLEASE head this warning.
THINK TWICE BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS COLLEGE, In my opinion, it is a waste of time and BIG money. This school is in debt, so I will tell you right now, they will accept the student with the lowest GPA possible. They appear to be so desperate to make money off of incoming students and current students to get out of debt that they will accept the lowest tier student.

When I had a recent medical episode (as a result of a faculty member's gross incompetence) the supervisor of academic affairs, as well as the supervisor of residence life called the hospital that I was being treated at, and notified the attending nurse that even though I was ill I had a meeting the same day and the director of residence life told her "even though I was ill, I had to be out of the hospital by 2:00 PM to make a meeting by 2:30 PM at the campus (I had to pay for my own cab fare), A nurse informed me that the head of residence life said that, "she won't like this". Isn't this a breach of confidentiality? What? HOW UNPROFESSIONAL ARE YOU??? When I went to their office the day I was released, I found an adversarial condition. THE RESIDENCE LIFE COMMITTEE IS NOT HERE FOR YOU. THEY ARE HERE FOR THE REPUTATION OF THIS COLLEGE. THEY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY CARE ABOUT LIABILITY, IN MY OPINION.

Let's then talk about roommates. My first roommate was a crackhead who no longer attends the college, my second were two roommates who told me I needed to sweep the floor because I need to sweep up my "white girl hair,". Then I was moved to a room with a compulsive liar who stole from me. WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS IS. THESE ARE APPEAR TO BE THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT NEWBURY COLLEGE. Whose fault was the booze bottle in her refrigerator? When I caught her stealing from me, I reported it, and somehow it was my fault? Sure. I'm paying over 40k a year for dysfunctional roommates and a college like this?

The president of the school needs to know that some of the faculty at this institution are incompetent. IF YOU ARE A MIDDLE-CLASS MAN/WOMAN LOOKING TO BETTER YOUR FUTURE, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU CONSIDER NEWBURY COLLEGE. SPECIFICALLY RESIDENCE LIFE. The RAs harrassed me, the resident director harassed me, the head of residence life harassed me. There are many professors worth the education, but unfortunately they are overshadowed by the incompetent workers of this school.

I could go on forever. PLEASE LOOK AT THE STATISTICS OF THIS SCHOOL BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. This college is failing their students. And in case you're wondering what kind of student *I* was, I'm a 3.8 GPA, and I won't go too far of detail to protect my anonymity, but I was an amazing student. Now, I am wholeheartedly considering transferring to a different school, AS MANY BEFORE ME HAVE ALREADY DONE.

Newbury College? More like Newbury HIGH SCHOOL. Go to a LEGITIMATE COLLEGE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. PROTECT YOURSELF. YOU MAY SEE GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS SITE BUT PLEASE BELIEVE ME. THIS SCHOOL FAILED ME, AND IT MIGHT FAIL YOU.Think about going elsewhere. You can do whatever you want, but PLEASE take this into consideration before making a final decision. Your future IS at stake.

Compare NewburySave Newbury

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→