StudentsReview :: Newbury College Brookline - Comments and Student Experiences

Babson College -- Babson Park, MA

Newbury College Brookline

Dec 15 2014Psychology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I believe that it is very important that every individual is aware of what type of community that they are lookong for. If it is a closely knit community in which the faculty and staff take the time out to get to know every student on an individual level; then I think that you may want to give Newbury College a look.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B-
Dec 10 2014Interior Design
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Newbury College is a small community with a big heart! Please understand that the class sizes are small and discussion-based. Do not attend if you plan on falling asleep in the back. Attendance is important here! Get ready to be involved in your selected course of study right away. The classes cater to your chosen major very well!
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Campus Maintenance: B-
Dec 09 2014Other
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I graduated from Newbury in 2012 and it's honestly upsetting to see all of these awful reviews. No matter what college you attend - I mean, you could be attending a prestigious Ivy League institution or an unknown school with 200 students in the middle of nowhere - every college experience is what the student makes of it. If you have a negative outlook on life and are not open to trying new things and putting yourself out there, then yeah I can almost guarantee you will have a bad experience no matter where you go. If you're willing to get involved, maybe become a student leader, be proactive in your learning experience...I can tell you that you will have a MUCH better experience. Be an optimist and a realist. Newbury is not for everyone - but your experience is what you make of it...plain and simple. I wish that you could see how much Newbury has grown literally based on the (positive and negative) feedback from our students. Newbury students are extremely educated, but like I said, there are students who aren't willing to take advantage of the opportunities here. There are 13 D3 sports teams, tons of clubs, leadership opportunities, and always something going on on campus. If you still can't find something that tickles your fancy, step up and start up your own club! The Campus Activities Coordinators love that! Speaking for myself- Newbury helped me grow IMMENSELY. I came to college not knowing exactly what I wanted to do. I had a general idea, with goals that I achieved in the process. But because I became involved at Newbury, I was able to learn what my true passion was. I learned that I absolutely love working in Higher Education. I couldn't see myself doing anything else and I give 100% credit to this college, their staff, and the experience I had here.
Preparedness: A Reputation: B+