StudentsReview :: Newbury College Brookline - Comments and Student Experiences

Oberlin College -- Oberlin, OH
Babson College -- Babson Park, MA

Newbury College Brookline

The last few comments were written by faculty,Psychology
The last few comments were written by faculty, I can tell. Please, PLEASE head this warning.
THINK TWICE BEFORE CONSIDERING THIS COLLEGE, In my opinion, it is a waste of time and BIG money. This school is in debt, so I will tell you right now, they will accept the student with the lowest GPA possible. They appear to be so desperate to make money off of incoming students and current students to get out of debt that they will accept the lowest tier student.

When I had a recent medical episode (as a result of a faculty member's gross incompetence) the supervisor of academic affairs, as well as the supervisor of residence life called the hospital that I was being treated at, and notified the attending nurse that even though I was ill I had a meeting the same day and the director of residence life told her "even though I was ill, I had to be out of the hospital by 2:00 PM to make a meeting by 2:30 PM at the campus (I had to pay for my own cab fare), A nurse informed me that the head of residence life said that, "she won't like this". Isn't this a breach of confidentiality? What? HOW UNPROFESSIONAL ARE YOU??? When I went to their office the day I was released, I found an adversarial condition. THE RESIDENCE LIFE COMMITTEE IS NOT HERE FOR YOU. THEY ARE HERE FOR THE REPUTATION OF THIS COLLEGE. THEY DOES NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY CARE ABOUT LIABILITY, IN MY OPINION.

Let's then talk about roommates. My first roommate was a crackhead who no longer attends the college, my second were two roommates who told me I needed to sweep the floor because I need to sweep up my "white girl hair,". Then I was moved to a room with a compulsive liar who stole from me. WHAT A NIGHTMARE THIS IS. THESE ARE APPEAR TO BE THE PEOPLE WHO REPRESENT NEWBURY COLLEGE. Whose fault was the booze bottle in her refrigerator? When I caught her stealing from me, I reported it, and somehow it was my fault? Sure. I'm paying over 40k a year for dysfunctional roommates and a college like this?

The president of the school needs to know that some of the faculty at this institution are incompetent. IF YOU ARE A MIDDLE-CLASS MAN/WOMAN LOOKING TO BETTER YOUR FUTURE, THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU CONSIDER NEWBURY COLLEGE. SPECIFICALLY RESIDENCE LIFE. The RAs harrassed me, the resident director harassed me, the head of residence life harassed me. There are many professors worth the education, but unfortunately they are overshadowed by the incompetent workers of this school.

I could go on forever. PLEASE LOOK AT THE STATISTICS OF THIS SCHOOL BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE. This college is failing their students. And in case you're wondering what kind of student *I* was, I'm a 3.8 GPA, and I won't go too far of detail to protect my anonymity, but I was an amazing student. Now, I am wholeheartedly considering transferring to a different school, AS MANY BEFORE ME HAVE ALREADY DONE.

Newbury College? More like Newbury HIGH SCHOOL. Go to a LEGITIMATE COLLEGE. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. PROTECT YOURSELF. YOU MAY SEE GOOD REVIEWS ON THIS SITE BUT PLEASE BELIEVE ME. THIS SCHOOL FAILED ME, AND IT MIGHT FAIL YOU.Think about going elsewhere. You can do whatever you want, but PLEASE take this into consideration before making a final decision. Your future IS at stake.

The last few comments were written by faculty,Psychology

Newbury College is a small college with aSuper BrilliantPsychology
Newbury College is a small college with a strong sense of community. If you are the kind of student that is looking for a more personal experience in your classes (or are looking for small class sizes) Newbury is perfect for that. The average class size is about 17 students, so you really get to have a connection and relationship with your professors, rather than being treated like a number.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2016
Education Quality: A+, Individual Value: B

According to NPR, the cost of college tuition an... more→