StudentsReview :: Regis College - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Colorado -- Denver, CO
Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
Fordham University -- Bronx, NY

Regis College

Be sure that you are okay with aBrightRadiological Sciences
Be sure that you are okay with a smaller campus--this is not like UMass Amherst or Brandeis--however, there are larger campuses in the surrounding area that are fun to go to! It can seem like the campus is a little dead at times but that is mostly because the majority of the students that go here drive home for the weekend. That's not to say that there aren't social options though; there certainly are! Keep an open mindset as you are spending your time adapting to the campus.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019
Collaboration/Competitive: A+, Campus Maintenance: B
Let me break this down into two parts;Quite BrightNursing
Let me break this down into two parts; residence life and academic life.
From my experience living on campus:

The tour of the campus for prospective students is NOT what you get. From the outside, it's beautiful- the inside.. not so much. During my tour they brought us all to the Fine Arts Center which is the newest updated building on campus, I remember thinking "wow this is fancy!" as we continued with our tour they continue to show you the updated parts of the school and honestly this is NOT where you spend your time at Regis. That is where the college hosts events. Mostly all classes are held in College Hall which is the oldest building! The dorms are disgusting and extremely outdated. I remember thinking that "I liked the homey feeling of the campus because it was old" but save your money and commute if you live nearby or just goelsewhere. BUT PLEASE BE AWARE that as of now they are slowly renovating the campus and building a new suite-styled dorm off of Maria Hall which will be finished in May of 2015.

The food is horrendous, you won't have to worry about gaining your freshman 15 here. The lower cafe is gross too, don't let anyone fool you.

Do you want to have any real college experience at all? There are NO parties, Regis used to throw one hell of a party until someone was stabbed and killed in 2010 so security has tightened up and are trying to prove themselves. The most partying you will do is getting drunk in your dorm room with some friends.

My residence experience has felt more like an extension to my high school years, even though the school went co-ed in 2007, it is 75% females and 25% males. Lots of cliques develop especially with sports teams. Most of us call it "Regis College High School" and you'll understand why if you go here. For example, say I want to visit a friend in another dorm that I don't live in- I must be checked in by securitas, then ESCORTED by my guest AT ALL TIMES. If you are caught walking to the bathroom without your guest you can get written up for displinary action. Everyone knows everyone so word gets around quick on campus. OH and there isn't even a Spring Concert, and we pay 47,000 dollars a year for what again?

Overall, if you want to attend school with a bunch of people that were lame in high school who think coming to a small campus will give them a shot at popularity- heck come join us at Regis! There are some really awesome people I've met as well, but majority of the people you meet here will suck. Fair warning.

From my experience academically:

I chose Regis because it was impossible to get accepted into any other nursing program with my SAT score in Math. Regis directly accepts a little over 20 students leaving 40 open spots that you must compete with to get in by the end of your third semester. I was not accepted directly into nursing but was accepted when it was time to make decisions. If you want to succeed in nursing then Regis is a good place for you, you have to work hard to get in and the school is becoming even more selective with who gets into their nursing program. For example for my class we only needed a GPA of 3.0 to get accepted but for this incoming class you must have a 3.2

Nursing is the FOUNDATION of Regis, that is where the school gets it's reputation and money. I would reccomend only coming to Regis if you are interested in nursing. But because of how popular the program is, the administration is bombarded with too many students and it's unorganized. They are getting a bit better with that though.

The good thing about this college is that the professors actually get to know you on a first name basis. It is easy to get in touch with them, most are quite flexible. I have had some meaningful relationships with a few of my professors. This is good when you are looking for letters of recommendation or even need help studying for a test.

They give you a free iPad, which is cool- but you don't really use them for class what so ever. It's just another distraction for you to have in lecture.

SO BASICALLY..
To sum it up, I feel as if I am paying too much money to go to a school with very outdated facilities, gross dorms, no social life and disgusting food. But I have seen the 10 year plan and I do think the campus will have made huge improvements by the time I graduate, each class size gets larger and larger to the point where they need to build more dorms and parking spaces because there are too many students. Regis has a lot of potential, but coming here you are definitely taking a risk. I wouldn't advise anyone to come here- go to a state school and have fun and get the same RN license as everyone else who takes the NCLEX.Good luck.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2015
Scholastic Success: A, Social Life: F
I've met some of the greatest people hereAverageEducation
I've met some of the greatest people here friend wise, but I do not care for a lot of the faculty members. Don't get me wrong, there's a few that were extremely helpful and I loved, but a lot of people are not so friendly and far from helpful. The school is very small so it's almost like your back in high school. The teachers even treat you like you're in high school using participation as 15% of your grade and having attendance be another decent portion. When I was getting ready to go to college I was under the impression that it was up to you to go to class and if you didn't go you would be missing out on the material and therefore hurting yourself. That's not the case here I guess since its like half a letter grade for every unexcused absence(over three). Most of my friends have transferred and by next year just about all of them will have so I can almost guarantee I will be following in their footsteps as well.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015