StudentsReview :: Simmons College - Comments and Student Experiences

Northeastern Illinois University -- Chicago, IL

Simmons College

Dec 20 2014Nursing
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Simmons is so "openminded" yet if you do not share the opinions of everyone else, you will be looked down upon. The school is so liberal that it is almost beyond liberal- perhaps radical. The food is not good, and there is almost no variety if you have any sort of dietary restrictions (I am a vegetarian and I had a horrible experience.) I transferred out after one semester.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Faculty Accessibility: A, Social Life: F
Dec 21 2013History/Histories (art history/etc.)
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I am a transfer student who previously attended community college. Overall I really love the school. The course work is challenging but no impossible and my professors are overall very friendly and accessible. I have had good luck making friends. The students here are mostly very friendly and open minded. My big problem has been with reslife. My room is not impossibly small but not big and ha a very small closet. After my first roommate left I went through weeks of waiting for them to give me a new one. They were horrible about staying in touch and letting me know what was going on; it was a nightmare. Finally get a new one and she was horrible. My sweetheart of an R.A tried her best to help me but res life did not care about my problem.
1st Year Female -- Class 2015
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Social Life: C+
Nov 06 2013Communications
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
There has been a lot of negative opinions/experiences regarding this school so I figured I would offer my positive one.

Regarding the school as a whole I must say it is quite challenging classes aimed to push us to our best capabilities. I have actually learned a lot attending Simmons and if you are willing to work hard, you will do fine. Given there are some professors who have better teaching strategies and better attitudes towards teaching than others but I have not had one professor that I have absolutely disliked.

What I personally enjoy about the school is that the dorms are for the most part quiet and centered around studying. This is a nice factor because people are not screaming in the halls 27/4 or having late night parties until all hours of the night so if you want a party school this is not your place. That said, you have to go out to find a party. It is Boston--this city is alive until all hours of the night and there are nearly 10 colleges surrounding this area that usually have parties. So you can separate your "party life" from your "study life".

Unlike most colleges and universities that I looked at, Simmons is in the middle of a lot of action it is not in the middle of no where. They keep the campus looking beautiful and you really can't beat the library here--so much so people from all the surrounding colleges come to use it. For the majority the people here are quite friendly and approachable and the dining staff is incredibly friendly. Events happen every so often but they do not always appeal to everyone. My best advice: Get involved and work hard.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2015