StudentsReview :: Stonehill College - Comments and Student Experiences

Providence College -- Providence, RI

Stonehill College

My biggest regret is

Aug 09 2014Philosophy
My biggest regret is coming to Stonehill. It has made me nothing but miserable in every sense, and I think that's enough to give someone the gist of what this school is like.
Campus Aesthetics: A+, Individual Value: F

DO NO GO TO THIS SCHOOL!! It was

Sep 22 2014Biology
DO NO GO TO THIS SCHOOL!! It was literally the worst decision I've ever made in my life. The people are horrible. They are all Massachusets girls who think they are the hottest things to walk the earth when they are not at all. They are also judgmental, unapproachable, and mean. Also everyone from Massachusetts has a BLACK LAB..... Besides the girls/boys, the school in general sucks. There is nothing to do ever on the weekdays or weekends. Students go to 2 restaurants that they call "bars." Including one asain restaurant and a mexican restaurant.. how pathetic. They act like they have soo much fun when in reality they stand around and take pictures pretending they're having fun. Anyways if you are considering going to this school you should probably reconsider it. There are much better options out there. No one from out of state even knows what Stonehill is. They confuse it for Stonybrook and that just proves that its nothing.
Campus Aesthetics: A, Education Quality: F

Let me start off by saying Stonehill is

May 08 2014Psychology
Let me start off by saying Stonehill is incredibly challenging. Almost too challenging. A lot of my professors have PhD's, which is great- but a lot of the time I feel like I have been treated like I have a PhD too. This is a good thing for some, but for me, Stonehill has been incredibly challenging and a lot of work- I do understand that's what college is about, though.

Many of my professors have been helpful and accessible and easy to talk to- however there have been some that have been absolutely out of their minds and impossible to talk to and just overall terrible quality professors.

The people here (particularly girls) are terrible. They are mean, judgmental, close minded and cliquey. Members of sports team stick with people within their sports teams and do not talk to many people outside of it. Party scene is really what you make of it- if you want to party, you will find a party. If not, you will find people who don't want to party.

The campus itself is beautiful, and the school has a great reputation. However, it is definitely incredibly overpriced and unreasonable in many aspects. There is little to know diversity, although Stonehill tries so hard to hide this. I would not recommend anyone come to this school. I truly regret my decision to come here and have spent most of my college career thus far resentful through the negative experiences I have had here. I would never encourage anyone to come here unless they fit into the snobby, rich, rude stereotype.

Education Quality: A, Individual Value: C