StudentsReview :: Suffolk University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

Suffolk University

The worst university you can possibly go to!Quite BrightFinance
The worst university you can possibly go to! Honestly you are better off going to community college, saving a bunch load on tuition & housing, and transferring to a quality university.

Spent 2 years at Suffolk, and came away feeling less educated then I did in middle school. The students are DUMB, faculty UNHELPFUL, and infrastructure OLD.

I made the mistake for falling for their brochures and promise of rigor and community but none of that materialized.

The school is basically filled with people who were rejected by every other university And rich internationals (Spanish & Arabs mostly)

All I can say is Thank God I transferred to boston university.

2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: A, Education Quality: F
First two years you are able to liveAverageOther
First two years you are able to live in dorms. From experience, even being a very social person it was hard to meet friends outside of the classroom. Nobody cares about athletics and has NO school spirit. No campus and sometimes scary walking around the commons. The smoking outside of sawyer is awful and very annoying. The food on campus is so expensive and not good at all (except 73) and the meal plan works like a debit card which is very annoying. The "gym" is so small, very disappointing, and doesn't have a lot to offer for a college. I do not recommend attending this school at all.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Surrounding City: A, Campus Aesthetics: F
I am currently a freshman at Suffolk andAverageCommunications
I am currently a freshman at Suffolk and it has not been the good experience I had hoped for. First of all, living in the heart of Boston has been amazing. Living here has been the best part of going to Suffolk. My main problem with Suffolk is my experience with campus staff and residence life. I do not recommend living in the dorms if you can commute or rent elsewhere. The staff in residence life are horrible. I had the job of an office assistant in this office for my first semester and the behavior of the staff is appalling. Whenever a student would come in or call with a serious question or concern, staff would gt irritated and gossip with each other about the student. I was not treated well as an employee either. The woman at the main desk is rude, arrogant, and treated me very poorly. She also made several insensitive comments to the other staff members about parents and their children. When I decided to commute for the second semester to save money (housing is so expensive), it was a pain to get out of the contract. I needed to write a one page paper discussing my reason for moving out, then meet with several staff members and basically got grilled with questions that I felt like they didn't need answers to. Overall, it has not been a good living experience at Suffolk. I can't, however, complain about the classes yet. My professor have been fine and classes have so far been good. Another bad thing to consider is the food is terrible. Barely any options and it rarely changes day to day. They also only use paper plates and plastic cutlery which I find super wasteful. It is not a traditional college dining hall to say the least.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018