StudentsReview :: The University of Massachusetts Lowell - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

The University of Massachusetts Lowell

Jul 04 2014Civil Engineering

I personally love the college, its improving with years

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

As I finish my freshman year all I

Apr 10 2014Chemistry
As I finish my freshman year all I can say is WOW. My year here has been beyond my expectations. I went here because they gave me the most $$. I will stay here because the educational experience is phenomenal! As a member of the Honors College I am getting everything I had hoped I would out of this school. Great friends, awesome professors and a first class education. I lived in the Honors House this year and next year I will be in the University Suites. I joined a sorority and they have become the best friends, study buddies, tour guides I could ask for. UML does not have sorority houses so students live in the dorms. Me and 5 of my sisters will be rooming in a person suite next year. All I can say is UMass Lowell has exceeded my expectations and I will not be transferring anywhere. I AM HOME!!
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C-

I did 3 years of accounting at UML,

Oct 22 2014Accounting
I did 3 years of accounting at UML, and switched into Criminal Justice. The accounting dept. was a joke, noone helped when you went to office hours, more than half did not speak good English, Prof. Tate just brags about her life. The University itself does not care for its students, they just want money. You pay $350 a year to park in only a few lots. You can't park at the bookstore, you have to walk to it or take a bus, as well as to go to career services, the Hawk Shop, or almost any student activity you need to access. The staff has parking where ever they would like to go. Students are highly looked over. The CJ dept. faculty are a lot better than the account dept. though. They are nice and friendly and actually help you out. But again, the University itself does nothing for the students who pays to be here. All they want is your money, you are just a number being here. I would think highly of another University before you spend your money here.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2015