StudentsReview :: The University of Massachusetts Lowell - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Massachusetts Amherst -- Amherst, MA

The University of Massachusetts Lowell

Jul 04 2014Civil Engineering

I personally love the college, its improving with years

1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B

As I finish my freshman year all I

Apr 10 2014Chemistry
As I finish my freshman year all I can say is WOW. My year here has been beyond my expectations. I went here because they gave me the most $$. I will stay here because the educational experience is phenomenal! As a member of the Honors College I am getting everything I had hoped I would out of this school. Great friends, awesome professors and a first class education. I lived in the Honors House this year and next year I will be in the University Suites. I joined a sorority and they have become the best friends, study buddies, tour guides I could ask for. UML does not have sorority houses so students live in the dorms. Me and 5 of my sisters will be rooming in a person suite next year. All I can say is UMass Lowell has exceeded my expectations and I will not be transferring anywhere. I AM HOME!!
Extracurricular Activities: A+, Campus Aesthetics: C-

My first semester here, and I'm not that

Mar 03 2014Sociology
My first semester here, and I'm not that impressed. I live in the dorms, which is honestly boring because nothing happens and most people go home. You kind of have to put yourself out there to make friends, people here kind of keep to themselves. There is a lot of diversity, so I'm sure if you're ethnic, you'll find friends.The food here is average at best, but the kitchen staff are nice. Unless you're an alcoholic or smoke weed, expect to find yourself alone in your room studying most of the time. The education here is good, but if you're a Humanities major like me, it's kind of basic. But I here all the other programs are decent or excellent. Prepare to be cold, ALL THE TIME. East campus is right down the street from a river. Dress warm. The faculty in my department are nice, I can't say anything about the others. The physical campuses are ugly, right in the middle of the ghetto. Needless to say, it's not the best school in the world, but not the worst. I'm transferring next year. If you're a humanities or social sciences major, I would go somewhere else.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016