StudentsReview :: The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth - Comments and Student Experiences

Brown University -- Providence, RI
Yale University -- New Haven, CT

The University of Massachusetts Dartmouth

Let's start off by saying if you areBrightUndecided
Let's start off by saying if you are looking for that classic, great college experience, DO NOT go here. I came into this school very open minded, and excited for college and all that is has to offer. To put it simply, this school has literally ruined the college experience for me. First of all the school is absolutely hideous, and is very depressing. I have no idea why someone would design a school to look the way this one does because even just looking at this school makes me sad, and others can agree. I feel as though most of the students that attend this school just come here because it is affordable and there is a lot of commuters, so a lot of people come here because it is local as well. I feel like no one LOVES it here and wants to be here, and that is honestly the worst part. Most of the students here are not very outgoing, and tend to keep to themselves, so it is not super easy to make friends unless you get along really well with your room mate, or make friends with people in your classes. I lived on campus here for one semester and absolutely hated it. I fortunately lived in Maple Ridge hall which is not the worst freshman hall to live in, it definitely has the best bathrooms. Back to why I hated it for the most part, I feel as though everyone in my suite and on my floor kept to themselves, and no one interacted with anyone. I'm just glad I live close enough to the school to commute, I did not want to waste any more time or money by living there. The food in the dining hall was actually not too bad, probably one of the better aspects of the school. The best places on campus are probably the library and the gym. The liberal arts building has no AC, so prepare to be sweating during class when it gets warmer outside. My professors here have not been horrible, I had a few unpleasant ones so far, but nothing really too bad. The staff here are really unhelpful and seem to not really care about the feelings of students. Whenever I have gone to someone about an issue here they just had that kind of get in get out attitude. I feel like this school tries so hard to make itself seem better than it is, at the expense of not really caring about the students and only caring if the school looks good. I think this school for the most part has been the biggest waste of time and money. It kills me that I came here and had to ruin my first year college experience, it truly breaks my heart. I really wish I didn't even apply here so I didn't even have the option to go here. So if you don't really care about the "college experience" and just want a school that's cheap and gets the job done, then this school might be fine for you. If you are looking for a school that feels like home, and gives you that great college experience,and awesome campus life, then do not come here. Literally any other college is better than here. Also if anyone was wondering, I am 100% transferring, and so are a lot of other people that are in my class here.
1st Year Female -- Class 1922
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Education Quality: F
Anyone who says that this school isn't "thatSuper BrilliantMechanical Engineering
Anyone who says that this school isn't "that bad" is lying. It is not just "bad", it is a worse than anything you could ever imagine (not an exaggeration). This "worse than anything" concept touches every facet of student life. Visiting any other school would make you wish you were there instead because literally ANYWHERE would be better. This is coming from someone who always tries to see the best in every situation, has pretty high tolerance, hates complainers, and came in prepared with low expectations. Save yourself and avoid this school at all costs. Even as a cost-friendly option it is not worth the money at all. (Yes, I am transferring)
1st Year Male -- Class 2019
Collaboration/Competitive: C, Education Quality: F
The school isn't bad.BrightAccounting
The school isn't bad. There's a lot of things to do for the most part you just gotta go out and find it. The school looks like a jail but the people are pretty great really. There's more diversity than I though also.The classes aren't too bad just focus and study. It's college, you're gonna get a lot of work, But it's manageable. The social life is cool. Dells really are the place for parties but one could get tire. Dartmouth is pretty boring. The weekends are kinda dry if you don't have a car and the bus doesn't run on Sundays. But they have stuff on campus which aren't too bad. I found out this school is a party school but realistically, if you're looking for a party you'll find it. But that's anywhere! Provi is close too so it's okay school really isn't the worse like some people make it out to be.
1st Year Male -- Class 1920