StudentsReview :: Western New England University - Comments and Student Experiences

New College of California -- San Francisco, CA

Western New England University

They hooked me up

May 05 2014Economics
They hooked me up with some great internships. I didn't work for any of those companies right out of school, but ended up at one a couple years later.
Preparedness: A Reputation: B+

The faculty is honestly what put me over

Apr 30 2014Biology
The faculty is honestly what put me over the edge. I was a commuter because I lived close enough to the area and didn't feel as though I needed to pay thousands to live in a room smaller than my room at home with another person. When my advisor learned about me transferring he completely cut all ties. Would not respond to my emails which consisted of questions about my transfer process. When I would get a response the response was usually incorrect sending me to the wrong place. Upon my exit interview, Dean Jarzabski was rude. Told me that it was my own fault that I was not successful in my first year at WNEU (which I was successful with a 3.4 GPA) and the university is not to blame to the negative time I had here.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
Perceived Campus Safety: A+, Education Quality: D+

This is an awful school

Aug 25 2014Psychology
This is an awful school. I didn't make it two days before leaving. The people are unfriendly and condescending. Everywhere you go there are boys. It is rare to even see a girl. The food is bland and the same everyday, or when the cafe is even open. The school is too into itself, very pro golden bears and not very individualistic. The only way to have a social life is probably to join a sports team or else you probably won't have friends unless a boy wants you at their party.There are no parties on campus and you don't want to party in springfield because lets face it springfield is the ghetto. Not to mention, the dining hall is very dirty and my room was infested with ants. There was feces on the sink in the bathroom of my dorm, and the showers are made for people about 4 feet tall with no where to put clean clothes. The RAs are strange or pushovers, and you can definitely tell there is a high acceptance rate because of the amount of students that have their brains in their ass. pce out wneu, see ya never. the tuition is also very overpriced, not even sure what i was supposed to pay for, the shitty atmosphere and brick buildings?
1st Year Female -- Class 2016