StudentsReview ™ :: Western New England University - Comments and Student Experiences

New College of California -- San Francisco, CA

Western New England University

Great school, very underrated

Mar 23 2014Mechanical Engineering
Great school, very underrated but definitely an up and coming program. Excited to see their reputation grow in the region as they increase in size. No problem finding a job and thinking of returning for a graduate degree.
4th Year Male -- Class 2014
Education Quality: A+,

Entering my third year now

Sep 17 2013Sociology
Entering my third year now. I am enrolled in the 3+3 Law program, which will allow me to enter law school a year early, which will be a huge financial savings. I will not only save a year of tuition, but will also be working for that year. That pretty much pays for law school right there. WNE has been good to me and I'm happy with my decision to come here.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+

I'm a proud Golden Bear

Aug 04 2013Political Science
I'm a proud Golden Bear. I came to Western New England from a major West Coast city, so I had no idea how I would like a suburban campus. The campus is set amid quiet streets and is very far away from downtown Springfield. Not what I'm used to.

It's been great because there are tons of things to do on campus and I really only use my car for trips to Boston (very close), New York (also fairly close), and to the Amherst/Northampton area (five colleges with 70,000 students).

Academics are challenging and professors are full-time. There is a strong alumni network, for sure. I got a great internship in NY last year and one in DC this year.Tip to freshmen: live in one of the new dorms. They are amazing.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2017