StudentsReview :: Western New England University - Comments and Student Experiences

New College of California -- San Francisco, CA

Western New England University

So far a greatNot so brightEngineering Department
So far a great experience, everything is new in the engineering buildings which is nice, hopefully the rest of campus develops like this, new faculty are great, food is so so...
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Education Quality: A+, Surrounding City: C+
To be honest this may have been oneQuite Bright
To be honest this may have been one of the worst decisions of my life. The Admissions office is awesome and offer a warm supportive welcome, but, after that, well I was not to pleased. Pros:(1) lots of student resources, if you cant afford you books (like me) alot of them were on reserve in the library, and I had some awesome teachers willing to lend me past editions.(2) great option for traditional students who only have to focus on school work. (3) great for fresh out of high school. Cons (1) the school is catered to fresh out of high school students and dont take into consideration that some student have lives. for example I signed up a math class tuesday & thursday mornings, all of my major test/exams were wednesday night at 8 pm. None of the teachers were willing to work with me to find a more convenient time for me (I have a child, I have a full time job 60+ hours a week, on the other side of the state, I need PTO to take days off, unwilling to work with me). (2) I had major group projects in every class I had, which were with student with no respect for peoples time, energy or effort. ( I had to pay for a babysitter to meet up with groups that did'nt care to show up or do work, when brought to the professors attention they did not care unwilling to turn group projects into solo projects) (3) the bursars office is unwilling to work with student, or ask for absurd request and are just rude and condescending. I understand that there are policies but they were unwilling to put me on a payment plan, unless I paid 1000 upfront on a 1400 bill ( the payment plan was to stop the interest. Kept harassing me even though I was consistently paying 300 every two weeks for 3 months, and i started before the semester even began, and I think it was because they wanted to keep charging me interest. (4) dont appreciate the hardworking students, and the student that have to work really hard to even pay for stuff, I had transfered into WNEU from a community college so I was used to most of the students having to work really hard to be and school, and teachers used to unconventional students and my first semester at WNEU was like culture shock, I felt like half of my professors wanted me to fail. WARNING: this is not the school for people that support themselves or have families. Its catered to fresh out of highschool, silver spoon fed individuals. ( and if your enrolled there do you research on your faculty and talk to them before classes start to see if there willing to work with your situation) overall, because of my life situation, this school was the biggest waste of money, I hated it, and caused me so much stress and frustration.
2nd Year Female -- Class 1920
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Individual Value: F
THIS PLACE WAS THE WORST DECISION OF MYBright
THIS PLACE WAS THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE. THEY DONT CARE ABOUT ANY INDIVIDUALITY, YOUR JUST A NUMBER AND A WAY FOR THE FACULTY TO MAKE MONEY. I WAS PAYING 46 GRAND A YEAR FOR A COLLEGE THAT DID NOT PROVIDE ME ANYTHING OF VALLUE OUTSIDE OF COLEGE. NOT ONLY THAT BUT THEY MAKE IT SO THAT YOU HAVE TO PAY TO GO THERE REGARDLESS OF GRANTS, AND SCHOLARSHIPS. THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT MAKING THE FRESHMEN EXPERIENCE GREAT THEN LOCK YOU IN WITH CREDITS THAT WONT TRANSFER TO MOST OTHER SCHOOLS. I HONESTLY THINK THIS IS A SMALL SCHOOL GEARED TOWARD THE RICH AND WEALTHY. GOOD LUCK IF YOUR AFRICAN AMERICAN OR HISPANIC TRYING TO BETTER YOURSELF THEY WILL SQUEEZE YOU DRY OF ANY MONEY, GOOD IDEAS, and DRIVE YOU MAY HAVE. ON THE OTHER HAND THE SCHOOL IS GREAT IF YOU LIKE STANDARDIZE TESTING AND BEING BEATEN INTO NOT THINKING FOR YOURSELF.

I was blessed to have a good faculty advisor, other then that the student were clicky, snobby, and completely full of themselves. I could probably count the good people I met there on one hand. I BEG OF YOU, DO NOT GO HERE, SAVE YOUR MONEY AND 4 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE...THE SCHOOL IS DAMN NEAR BANKRUPT, YOU CAN SMELL THE CORRUPTION THERE BY YOUR SECOND YEAR. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CHARGE 46 GRAND PER STUDENT AND CAN BARELY PAY YOUR BILLS....

5th Year Male -- Class 2013