Worcester State University
Worcester State University - Comments and Student Experiences|
- It is mostly a commuter school, so there definitely isn't a "community" feel to it. A lot of people come to campus for class, then leave.
- It's a pretty basic campus. Definitely not "pretty", but it's functional. Looks a lot like a high school.
- Parking is insane. It's best to park at the nearby Goddard Ave. parking lot they assigned, because on-campus parking will be impossible unless you arrive to school at 7:00AM or 4:00PM.
- Party life is good, though. Most parties are off campus. You can find drugs if you need them, and almost everyone drinks. With most parties being off-campus, you have to make connections.
- Staff is okay. Financial aid office is brutal - everyone is really bland, and they seem annoyed all the time. Some professors are awesome, some don't seem invested in the slightest. But I'm sure that's the case everywhere.
- It's a good school convenience-wise: affordable tuition, ideal if you live in Worcester, etc.
- The education isn't top-notch, but it's something.
- My biggest complaint is that there isn't a "community" feel to it. - Worcester is an amazing college town, though. So many bars and clubs. Clubs are a big thing on Thursday nights. It's easy to meet people from the other colleges. It's a great social scene within the town. You definitely have that whole "hook-up culture" thing going, as well. Some call that trashy, some call that college life. Either way, Worcester is a fantastic college town when it comes to night life. That was the best part of going to school there.