StudentsReview :: Bowie State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Maryland College Park -- College Park, MD

Bowie State University

I love Bowie StateSuper BrilliantNursing
I love Bowie State especially the Nursing Program. It is designed for serious people. You have to study day and night to make it in Bowie.. I love the school so so much. So happy to be part of Bowie Nursing family...
3rd Year Female -- Class 2015
Education Quality: A+, Useful Schoolwork: F
Bowie University is an awful I ever had.AverageBusiness - Management and Administration
Bowie University is an awful I ever had. When the first time I applied to the school, they did not reveal I had been admit. I called them, they said" my name is not in the file". I went up to the school and I wrote them my name and they still said my name was not in the file. Then, I had to wrote the number code so they can find my name. It is stupid. They told me came back my house and waited for three months for they sending the letter of admission. The letter did come to my house in 3 months but it didn't mention I admit, it just told me it decided me out of state students even I had been go to Maryland community college for two years or more. It is another stupid. When I submitted the information proved me I am in state, I asked the white lady sat on the font desk. I admitted yet? She said I admitted since January. I felt angry. The second I worked in the game room, my boss did not allow me to study or do homework during I worked. I couldn't carry the laptop with me so I had to used the computer lab in the library. This is the only lab I can used it. The lab didn't have lab technician. If you want help, you had to go up the third flood to get help. Sometime, you can't get help because they said they didn't know to do it. The school is big but the computer lab for general students is only one lab. I loose my time to do the homework. My accounting professor did not help me a homework. He said the job is for tutor no instructor. The financial aid is worse than any thing. In the beginning semester, I asked them the money in my account bowie was award for me even I went part-time. They said yes so I took out $800 dollar to buy books but later they took back my money because they said they made adjustment base on my classes. I surprised they made adjustment after one week from the class started. It took me off. My name was drop out of all my classes. I couldn't came back to my classes instead I had to take another classes and I had to borrow money.It made me so furious and bit off. From the time I in this school, I didn't meet a lot of smart students. Only students I meet they are fail exam to go to university of Maryland. In this school, I suggested if you can go to another school, please do so. If you can't admit to university of Maryland or Towson or University of Baltimore then I suggest you need consider community college and do good then transfer to other good university.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Social Life: A+, Education Quality: F
Bowie State University is a joke.Psychology
Bowie State University is a joke. The staff does not take students seriously. I have had issues in every department from admissions to financial aid and no one seems to be able to help me. The Provost is not very helpful either, he cannot get things done. He has promised to fix my problems but hasn't delivered. Do not waste your time and money on this university. I wasted a semester here and now have to start over somewhere else.