StudentsReview :: Hood College - Comments and Student Experiences

Aug 30 2013Religion/Religious

Do not Go to this school. Best Advice I can give

2nd Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Maintenance: B+, Social Life: F

Professors appear that they want students to get

Apr 09 2013Biology
Professors appear that they want students to get bad grades. Much of the grading on papers is based on political philosophy rather than the ability to make an argument clearly and completely. College is too close-minded to alternative belief systems and deters students from having their own opinions.
Campus Maintenance: A+, Education Quality: F

I graduated from Hood college with a degree

Apr 27 2013Unknown
I graduated from Hood college with a degree in Elementary Education/Special Education. Unfortunately I am STILL unemployed and can not get a teaching position. I have over $20,000 in student loans and PLUS loans that I accrued while attending Hood. They are very interested in you when you initial attend the school but (this may be due to economic times) can provide little or no help with getting employment after school. I was on the DEAN'S LIST several semesters so I am not a slacker! I wish I didn't spend all my money on this school just so I could play on a sports team. In hindsight I think you need to look at the bang for your buck when evaluating a school. Will your first year salary be < than your school's tuition than you should reconsider attending that school.!

This school pushes these Freshman Seminar classes and honors classes that do not directly count toward degree credits! What a waste of money!!PARENTS BEWARE SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!!

5th Year Female -- Class 2011