StudentsReview :: Prince George's Community College - Comments and Student Experiences

Dickinson School of Law of Penn State -- Carlisle, PA
Mary Washington College -- Fredericksburg, VA

Prince George's Community College

I am very pleased with the caliber of

Oct 24 2012PreMed and Medical
I am very pleased with the caliber of the faculty of my program. That being said, they are the only reason I continue to go to this school. This school is absolutely horrific. Any help I need outside the classroom with the administrative side of things is met with an absolute lack of respect. I have never encountered a lazier, condescending administrative staff in my life. I do not know how they keep their jobs, but if I could press charges against their financial aid department for the withholding of funds that do not belong to them I would in a second. Be careful who you deal with. If you choose to go to this rats nest of a school then keep on top of your game. Have your money ready up front and try to do everything online. I wish you luck and patience.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Education Quality: A, Individual Value: F

This is my first experience at college, and

Sep 11 2011Psychology
This is my first experience at college, and I'd say it's going pretty great. Though there aren't planned activities everyday, things like the ALANA experience and many other clubs and organizations are always thinking of the students and how they can pursue their academic careers elsewhere. Though some teachers aren't as bright, and some of the faculty can be kind of overbearing and rude; the pros outweigh the cons. This is a very good college to go to if you plan on having an easy transfer to MDU or any other Maryland college.
1st Year Female -- Class 2013
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: C

I started at PG in 2006 after high

Dec 04 2012Other
I started at PG in 2006 after high school. I simply wasn't ready for a four-year college, so I came here. They have an excellent honors program that is very competitive and pays for all of your tuition and expenses. I was in the program, but I wasn't in school for the right reasons and had to take some time off. I am graduating with a general studies associates soon and feel I am adequately prepared for the rigors of "real" college.

People call PG the 13th grade because it is literally across the street from a high school and most people in the county just migrate right on over. I would agree that the coursework is not challenging in some classes and certain teachers are downright incompetent, but I have also had some amazing experiences with teachers who love what they do and want you to succeed.

The advisers are amazing, but you will spend 3 hours waiting to meet with one on a regular day. The financial aid office is a trip to hell and you'd better hope you don't need their help for anything.Overall, I'm glad I came to PG. I wish I had been a dedicated student so that I could get out sooner, but I have met a lot of cool people and am finally on the right track thanks to one great BIO teacher and a wonderful adviser.

2nd Year Female -- Class 2013