StudentsReview :: The St Mary's College of Maryland - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

The St Mary's College of Maryland

Oct 17 2014Political Science
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Coming to this college was by far the worst decision I have ever made in my life. The teachers are arrogant, the administration is overpaid, the buildings are horrible and falling apart. The programs are horrible two, and they focus on making the work extra hard, yet not substantive and practical in terms of the data that your learning. Additionally, they maintain sabbatical funding for teachers, yet can't find funding for a tutoring center or basic building repairs. If you want to waste your money and your life, then St Mary's College of Maryland is the school for you. I regret coming here so much, that I am literately about to write a letter to the governors office telling them how horrible this state school is. This is not some angry student, for I came here with the best of intentions. Yet each semester I regret my decision more and more, it's just to late for me to transfer colleges (otherwise I would).
Aug 07 2014Biology
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
Worst college ever. Everything about this school is horrible. There are so many other schools out there, that are cheaper then this place. Really don't like it here.
Jun 21 2014Music - Performance
Major Salary, Salary Trend, Satisfaction, Unemployment
I adore my school because it doesn't FEEL like a competitive place. The academics are really strong, everybody's smart and likes learning, but it doesn't feel like the world is going to end if I get a less-than-stellar grade. I feel like my faculty care about me as a person and as a student, and they're always willing to work with me if I need help or want to get more involved. It's totally the place to be if you want to learn because you enjoy learning.However, for all that the school prides itself on diversity, and everyone tries to be friendly and openminded, it IS a liberal arts school, so there are a lot of vocally liberal people here... I certainly enjoy hearing some opposing opinions on occasion. Additionally, this is not the school for you if you want super crazy blackout weekend culture or Greek Life. There are totally parties every weekend, but they tend to be smaller affairs, so it tends to be mostly friends (yay less awkward small talk).
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016