StudentsReview :: The St Mary's College of Maryland - Comments and Student Experiences

Saint Mary's College of California -- Moraga, CA
University of Virginia -- Charlottesville, VA

The St Mary's College of Maryland

Worst college ever

Aug 07 2014Biology
Worst college ever. Everything about this school is horrible. There are so many other schools out there, that are cheaper then this place. Really don't like it here.
2nd Year Female -- Class 2017

I wish I would have never attended this

May 22 2014Economics
I wish I would have never attended this school. The teachers are arrogant, and you pay lots of money and get very little in return. They also make every aspect of being student difficult, and the underpay their staff and overpay their teachers and administration. Go to any other in state school if you can, because you will get far more for far less at other in state schools.

I adore my school because it doesn't FEEL

Jun 21 2014Music - Performance
I adore my school because it doesn't FEEL like a competitive place. The academics are really strong, everybody's smart and likes learning, but it doesn't feel like the world is going to end if I get a less-than-stellar grade. I feel like my faculty care about me as a person and as a student, and they're always willing to work with me if I need help or want to get more involved. It's totally the place to be if you want to learn because you enjoy learning.However, for all that the school prides itself on diversity, and everyone tries to be friendly and openminded, it IS a liberal arts school, so there are a lot of vocally liberal people here... I certainly enjoy hearing some opposing opinions on occasion. Additionally, this is not the school for you if you want super crazy blackout weekend culture or Greek Life. There are totally parties every weekend, but they tend to be smaller affairs, so it tends to be mostly friends (yay less awkward small talk).
2nd Year Female -- Class 2016