StudentsReview :: Salisbury University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Maryland College Park -- College Park, MD
Frostburg State University -- Frostburg, MD

Salisbury University

Mar 03 2014Chemistry

Great value for the education.

3rd Year Male -- Class 2018
Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: C

I transferred to SU my junior year so

Jun 07 2013Psychology
I transferred to SU my junior year so here's my advice: DO NOT walk around alone at night... I'm serious you need to travel in packs of 3 or more, especially if you are a female. Salisbury University is not in the best area (The ghetto pretty much surrounds the campus). Students were constantly getting robbed at gunpoint at their apartments off campus, although it was pretty much their fault for opening their doors without looking to see who it was first. Also I found Salisbury very dry and boring, yes the campus looks nice and it is good education-wise but there was a lack of school spirit and people willing to get involved. And there's never anything to do unless you go to a house party that's going to get shut down in an hour.
4th Year Female -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Surrounding City: D-

I have spent almost 5 years at this

Jan 31 2014Communications
I have spent almost 5 years at this university when I was supposed to be finished in 3(after 1 year of community college), all due to the fact that Salisbury University does a horrible job of looking out for their students and for not keeping them informed. I had to continuously enroll extra semesters because the course I would need for the semester(sometimes the only class left between me and five other courses I need to take) would only be available certain semesters, if that year at all. The financial aid department has also done a horrible job. After confronting the office that I had not received a student refund yet for the semester) This apparently brought to their attention a mistake they made and now they are not only refusing me a refund but charging me $1,000(money which I do not have and would have liked to know about before). DO NOT GO TO THIS SCHOOL! The nice professors do not make up for the stress brought on by the college itself.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014