The university administration, and the university as an entity is completely irresponsible. The buildings are not maintained and neither is the furniture placed in the dorms especially Crocker Hall. Over the two years that I have been attending here there have been a number of negative events on top of ever present problems. Thats not to say i always hated it here.
Here are some problems with this college:
1.The windows and the heating in Crocker are bad, with your windows closed in some of the rooms your curtains will still be blown around by the wind. Students have resorted to strapping garbage bags over the windows, piling blankets, clothes, towels, etc. in the winter.
2. Room furniture is commonly damaged. As a specific example I sat in a chair in my dorm which apparently had one screw in it, which i did not know. The chair fell apart and my laptop was damaged. I took it to the IT Department on campus as i was instructed. The IT department gave away the charger i had to purchase because the previous year it melted while using it in my dorm. The college refused to take responsibility for it, and repair or replacement of my laptop that was damaged because of unsafe furniture.
3. Just a couple weeks ago water pipes in the ceiling of Crocker Hall dorms busted flooding the entry way and one persons room. The hall smelt like mildew and mold for a couple weeks.
4. I stayed at the campus over one of the 1 week breaks. The men's bathroom and shower went without hot water for a week and half to 2 weeks.
5. Some of the professors shouldn't be teaching. They make an excessive amount of mistakes on assignments, and are just ineffective educators. The exams for some classes don't require any preparation.
6. On a personal note I am sensitive to allergens until my body gets used to them. Both times when i moved into Crocker Hall for the start of the school year i developed cases of Sinusitis (sinus infection)that lasts anywhere from several weeks to a couple months. I currently have a sinus infection possibly stemming from the pipe bursting.
7. Unless you have access to your own computer, all computers on campus become unusable on Sunday night around 11:15 p.m. Can't cram work for Monday morning.
8. The dining hall food is pretty bad on many occasions. Meat is often cooked to the point that it is dry, flavorless, and like chewing shoe leather. Pizza and other items are prepared with the "bare minimum". Food has little to no substance. There is also very little variety. Expect to eat, potatoes, dry cardboard cheese pizza, dry cardboard pepperoni pizza, french fries on a very regular basis. Sometimes 4-5 times a week.
9. Bathrooms often go without being cleaned or restocked as needed. Piles of hair in the showers, feces have been in showers for days before (i don't know why), to toilet paper, paper towels, and hand soap. I'm sure there are some issues that I am forgetting but these are the one's that come to mind most readily. Enjoy and hopefully this helps someone to realize they should not go to this college.