StudentsReview :: The University of New England - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of New England

UNE is one of the best decisions IQuite BrightOther
UNE is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am from a small town with a small high school and I feel that I have all the attention from professors, faculty and peers that I need to thrive in my major. The university sets you up for success. Like any other school, you get the grades you you deserve in proportion to the time that you put into the course. The professors are fair and willing to work with you. I feel like I am ready to take on the outside world immediately after graduation. I know with a tough economy and a competitive working field, it may be difficult to find a job, but Career Services has the perfect team to help with my next milestone in life.

As far as Campus Life goes, the students here are so welcoming. They make the experience so much better. There are definitely more girls here but in reality, it doesn't matter. We are here to get an education and to learn how to live in a community. Through the residence halls the RA's know what's going on on campus, they are there as a resource and are really friendly. There is always something to do on campus from late night comedians to weekend trips to Twin River (and it is all included in tuition!). Overall, there is something here for everyone.Again, UNE is probably the best decision I have ever made and I would not change anything in the past 4 years.

3rd Year Female -- Class 2014
Faculty Accessibility: A+, Collaboration/Competitive: B+
I have spent all four year here at UNE.Quite BrightOther
I have spent all four year here at UNE. I started with the Aquaculture and Aquarium Science major. My second year, I added Business Administration as a second major. Having two majors is extra work, but it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. Please consider it. If you are paying for four years of college, why not leave with an extra major? I love UNE. The faculty and staff are very warm, welcoming, and supportive. I know I can always ask them for advice for any school or personal related topics. You can get to know your professors here. I even have lunch with them sometimes. One professor and I meet about once a semester to catch up. She used to teach two of my classes, and we became friends. As for Biddeford, it takes time to truly learn the town. For the first two years, I believed everything I heard about it being sketchy. Like all towns, it has some streets that I would not suggest living on. There are nice parts in Biddeford. The park on May Street is very nice. Clifford Park, which is on Pool Street just down the road from UNE, has walking trails and a tennis court. I have met wonderful people in this town. Biddeford may seem rough around the edges, but take some time to get to know it. Old Orchard Beach, which is usually abbreviated OOB, is absolutely gorgeous. There are beaches everywhere here. UNE is not a party school. There are some house parties sometimes. For people 21+, there are some bars in town. Please have a DD if you go. This is not the place to go to if partying is your priority. You come here for an education. I have heard UNH is the party scene. Feel free to make friends there and take the train down on the weekend. I am very happy I came here, and I may stay in the area for a while. I don't want to leave everyone just yet. If you have any questions, comment below and I will try to respond.
4th Year Female -- Class 2014
Scholastic Success: A+, Surrounding City: C-
I'm a 4th year student and 3rd yearBrightOther
I'm a 4th year student and 3rd year resident advisor at UNE. This school has one of the most gorgeous campuses I've ever seen. The students and faculty are warm and welcoming as well as fun and a little crazy to work with (in a great way!). The most negative aspect of the campus is that the food is really hit or miss most days, with pizza being a constant fallback. I have LOVED being here all 4 years and wouldn't change a thing! The only people who are negative about the campus are those that want to party and aren't involved in the campus. I feel sorry for them.
3rd Year Male -- Class 2014