StudentsReview :: The University of New England - Comments and Student Experiences

The University of New England

Worst place ever.Quite BrightBiology
Worst place ever. You are overworked and exhausted all of the time and its practically impossible to maintain a job while attending. Classes are saturated with busy work and ridiculous rules/policies that treat you like a child. Its unbelievably overpriced and genuinely not worth it. The service (especially student financial services) is horrendous and unorganized. They don't keep track of calls nor do they care if they make things harder for you in the long run. They also take forever to complete even the most minimal tasks. The only people who are there that even moderately care about students are the professors. Administration couldn't care less about your experience as long as they are making money off of you. They were also completely unprepared for covid and had no backup policies in place to help students out who were having a difficult time. Everyone was paying full price for barely half of the college experience. Most students didn't even know until a few days before classes started how exactly the hybrid model would work. And if you chose to withdraw after finding out, they have an 80 20 policy and will still charge to 20% of the semester along with other service fees even though you only attended a single day of class. They are a terrible, money hungry business that cares very little about students. Don't go here.
1st Year Female -- Class 1924
Campus Aesthetics: A-, Education Quality: F
The faculty and staff at this school atQuite BrightBiology
The faculty and staff at this school at the worst. The people in the financial office and the registrar are literally the worst I have ever met. You will pay for shit you don't benefit from- they hide charges in your bill and denied any plea I made against it in the most snotty ass way. I hate this fucking school and I am so glad I am out.
1st Year Female -- Class 2018
If you are an incoming freshman or prospectiveQuite BrightPreMed and Medical
If you are an incoming freshman or prospective transfer student reading this: please read this whole thing before deciding to come here. So many times I wish someone had told me what this school was really like. I only chose this school for the pre-med program because it is very competitive and I heard it was strong. First off, UNE has an 80 something % acceptance rate, but half of the students drop out or change majors within the first semester because everyone fails general chemistry. If you do not have a strong background in Chemistry, do not expect to do well. I personally do not like this campus I think it is small, and it is not a good fit for me, I am from out of state and I thought I would sacrifice my happiness for the program. Well now here I am in my second year and I am transferring out. I just applied to a state school back home where I should have gone in the first place. Let me say this, if you are the type of person who has no life, and does nothing all day but devote their entire lives to studying, then this school is for you. I am not saying I am a party animal because i have a 3.6 GPA currently, I study hard, but this campus is so dead, even my dad made a comment about it when he came to visit me. There is no balance. There is no greek life, there are no parties, there is literally nothing. If you have a netflix account it'll be your best friend for 4 years. Every student here is immature and you can tell they are not ready for the real world. This is like a second high school, where wannabe nobodys try to act like they are somebodys. You will feel like you go to a boarding school with people who think they're the shit because they got accepted to the pre-med program here (which again has an 85% acceptance rate). The academics here are not horrible, if you work hard you might just do ok, depending on the classes. But please, if you are reading this and are stuck between this school and another , please pick the other one. I wish someone had told me how bad it was here, I would have saved money and my time and gone to a state school to begin with. I wish someone told me all of this I would have never applied here. The only thing motivating me to get through the rest of the semester is the fact that I am transferring.
1st Year Female -- Class 2019