StudentsReview :: Cornerstone University - Comments and Student Experiences

Cornerstone University

This school does not care about its students

Jun 19 2014Religion/Religious
This school does not care about its students. All they care about is keeping their numbers up. The staff (including faculty) are under paid and the university spends its money frivolously. If you are looking for a Christ centered school, you will not find it here. This school hides behind the mask of Christianity, but has fallen to the love of money. Seriously! Stay away from this college!
1st Year Male -- Class 2018
Surrounding City: A+, Education Quality: F

Stay away. Cornerstone only

Apr 19 2012Communications
Stay away. Cornerstone only cares about freshmen and getting more of them. Students are great, faculty is great, spiritual formation and the board are trainwrecks. I'm ashamed to be associated with these "Christians".
3rd Year Male -- Class 2013
Surrounding City: A+, Individual Value: F

Worst experience of my life

Apr 11 2014Education
Worst experience of my life. I left high school very much looking forward to college and Cornerstone University was the worst years of my life without any exaggeration. They are very good about appealing to freshman as a "Christ centered leaning community" and being helpful and somewhat affordable and none of this is true. They hide behind the mask of Christianity to draw in Christian students and proceed to have the worst follow through and support system I've ever seen in a "professional" institution. I had switched majors in my time there and was never given the appropriate advisor to help me, no one communicated my degree requirements to me (hence 5 years vs. 4 years), and every time I asked for help from any source I was told to ask someone else. Professors and adivsors that I counted on being there would leave for a sabbatical to pursue their doctoral degree (which I am all for but I would have appreciated a heads-up). This university was the most unprofessional college that I have ever experienced and I am ashamed to have to say I attended classes there. I will not hang my degree at my place of employment or my house and I will never be quiet about how this university should be avoided at all costs.
5th Year Female -- Class 2013