StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

This school is horrible

Sep 04 2014Other
This school is horrible. The staff, other than some teaching staff, are horrible and rude to you. The campus is the ugliest campus I have ever seen. The dorms are the size of a jail cell and you literally sit on top of your roommate. The university does not plan any events for students like other universities, and if they do, you never know about them. This school is here to take your money. They do not care about the students.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

I learned a lot here about the technology

Nov 15 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I learned a lot here about the technology I'd be expected to use after graduation. What I did not learn was how to behave in a work environment. Obviously, I'm not a neanderthal, but the learning environment was extremely relaxed, and many of the instructors were comfortable having students call them by their first names. The overall level of professionalism was lacking in my experience.I love the city, though. It's just lovely in the fall.
Preparedness: C Reputation: D+

Total lip service! They were good at pumping

May 12 2014Social Work
Total lip service! They were good at pumping up my enthusiasm, dreams and expectations in my career and education choice, but that came to an abrupt hault after graduation. Promises of help with job placement, yet their own job data base has produced NO postings in my field. Though I graduated near the top of my class, I am still unemployed over a year later. I admit that I feel that I received an excellent education, but that was expected with all the student loans I received and costs paid. I was handed my diploma at graduation and then kicked to the curb. I was a very active and involved student on campus, but after graduation all staff developed amnesia, forgot about me, and moved onto the next unsuspecting student. I am not sorry about my career choice, but am regretting where I chose to earn my degree.
Starting Job: none Preparedness: B- Reputation: F