StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

school is horrible

Nov 04 2013Unknown
school is horrible. 50% of people that go to the medical field fail the classes. Especially biology and chemistry. If this is something thats been going on for years I suggest they get the opputunity to help seek how to teach better. They really rush into things and the only people that pass biology and chemistry (friends that I know) say that he people who failed last semester take it again then those are the only 50% that pass. the other 50% fail at first then retake it. Just a waste of time and thier is no help. Thats what my advisor told me is that I am on my own. Im leaving this school and would never recommened it to anyone.
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Education Quality: F

Ferris State is a great place to start

Oct 26 2013Business - Management and Administration
Ferris State is a great place to start your undergrad education. The basis of the programs are good, and if you want to learn and be successful most certainly you will. It is all about what you take out of the college.There is always something happening every night. even though the men to woman ratio is not the best, having a good time is not an issue .
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Innovation: A+, Surrounding City: C-

Hello there

Nov 24 2013Mechanical Engineering
Hello there. I decided to go ahead and write a review seeing that everyone else has given there opinion. Honestly, depending on your major, this university might not be right for you. I graduated with my bachelor of science in mechanical engineering and truthfully, we barely even used our text books. Being a math person, it was pretty easy, but most of the information our teachers taught us came from online resources. Teachers were uncooperative and rude; students were pretty dull and instagramed pictures of people and their unfortunate mishaps; some people were straight STUPID and god knows how they graduated high school; I got hit on by girls who had boyfriends and told me how stupid they were and how they were dull and had no future. I would end up telling their boyfriends who actually were more sympathetic and thankful then I thought they would be. Guys are pretty chill and mellow. Girls were pretty loose. SOME were rednecks but not everyone I encountered was like that. If you really want a decent education, I would not recommend Ferris State University. My employer actually told me that the last 5 (yes five)guys that came from Ferris were either fired or quit because they said they couldn't understand how to do their job. I have worked for my employer at Ford Motors for the last few years now since I graduated from Ferris State and every once in a while he jokes and says that he never would have thought that I could produce the work I do and that I actually graduated from their. If you want respect, go somewhere else.
Starting Job: Computer Engineer Preparedness: B+ Reputation: D+