StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

Total lip service! They were good at pumping

May 12 2014Social Work
Total lip service! They were good at pumping up my enthusiasm, dreams and expectations in my career and education choice, but that came to an abrupt hault after graduation. Promises of help with job placement, yet their own job data base has produced NO postings in my field. Though I graduated near the top of my class, I am still unemployed over a year later. I admit that I feel that I received an excellent education, but that was expected with all the student loans I received and costs paid. I was handed my diploma at graduation and then kicked to the curb. I was a very active and involved student on campus, but after graduation all staff developed amnesia, forgot about me, and moved onto the next unsuspecting student. I am not sorry about my career choice, but am regretting where I chose to earn my degree.
Starting Job: none Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

Ferris state is located in the worst place

Mar 07 2013Engineering Department
Ferris state is located in the worst place it could possibly be. the only thing to do here is drink as much as you can from 11 to 1 am or bowl. there is no parties here anymore and if there is there is a bouncer at the door charging admission. the staff for the program are very nice and friendly if your here for a tour or trying to get into the program after that they wont talk to you and you will end up doing most of the learning from online sources. ferris will actively try to take every single dollar that you have. parking passes for commuters cost $100 and you will still have to pay for a parking meter and on top of that they make over $5,000 off students in parking tickets a month alone. they are also redoing campus and raising housing cost on campus to pay for them. bottom line this place stinks and you can get a better value for your money by going anywhere else.
5th Year Male -- Class 2013
Campus Aesthetics: A, Social Life: F

Business School-CIS

Dec 09 2003School of Information
Business School-CIS. Two words: Nobody cares. Most teachers are not PhD. Some have been on staff 18+yrs-too lazy to get PhD, don't care about students, don't care about learning advances in technology, regurgitating misinformation from '90s, business school barely retaining accreditation, your signed academic checksheet can change anytime for no reason when they change dept heads-you end up taking more classes, faculty/staff discriminate against ppl w/ disabilities. Disabilities Services is a worthless entity that makes it as difficult as possible to obtain assistance. FSU uses & publishes your SS# for stud ID. Provide SS# to Financial Aid office for monies-financial aid will not award you monies because you have school generated nondescript ID & "we cannot keep changing your social security number back and forth to a nondescript ID" Financial aid officers manufacture "income earned" to prevent delivery of award monies to ppl using non-descript ID. Tuition too high, education too low. NO CONFIDENTIALITY.
4th Year Female -- Class 2003