StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

This school is horrible

Sep 04 2014Other
This school is horrible. The staff, other than some teaching staff, are horrible and rude to you. The campus is the ugliest campus I have ever seen. The dorms are the size of a jail cell and you literally sit on top of your roommate. The university does not plan any events for students like other universities, and if they do, you never know about them. This school is here to take your money. They do not care about the students.
1st Year Male -- Class 2016
Scholastic Success: B, Faculty Accessibility: F

Total lip service! They were good at pumping

May 12 2014Social Work
Total lip service! They were good at pumping up my enthusiasm, dreams and expectations in my career and education choice, but that came to an abrupt hault after graduation. Promises of help with job placement, yet their own job data base has produced NO postings in my field. Though I graduated near the top of my class, I am still unemployed over a year later. I admit that I feel that I received an excellent education, but that was expected with all the student loans I received and costs paid. I was handed my diploma at graduation and then kicked to the curb. I was a very active and involved student on campus, but after graduation all staff developed amnesia, forgot about me, and moved onto the next unsuspecting student. I am not sorry about my career choice, but am regretting where I chose to earn my degree.
Starting Job: none Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

Hello there

Nov 24 2013Mechanical Engineering
Hello there. I decided to go ahead and write a review seeing that everyone else has given there opinion. Honestly, depending on your major, this university might not be right for you. I graduated with my bachelor of science in mechanical engineering and truthfully, we barely even used our text books. Being a math person, it was pretty easy, but most of the information our teachers taught us came from online resources. Teachers were uncooperative and rude; students were pretty dull and instagramed pictures of people and their unfortunate mishaps; some people were straight STUPID and god knows how they graduated high school; I got hit on by girls who had boyfriends and told me how stupid they were and how they were dull and had no future. I would end up telling their boyfriends who actually were more sympathetic and thankful then I thought they would be. Guys are pretty chill and mellow. Girls were pretty loose. SOME were rednecks but not everyone I encountered was like that. If you really want a decent education, I would not recommend Ferris State University. My employer actually told me that the last 5 (yes five)guys that came from Ferris were either fired or quit because they said they couldn't understand how to do their job. I have worked for my employer at Ford Motors for the last few years now since I graduated from Ferris State and every once in a while he jokes and says that he never would have thought that I could produce the work I do and that I actually graduated from their. If you want respect, go somewhere else.
Starting Job: Computer Engineer Preparedness: B+ Reputation: D+