StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

Total lip service! They were good at pumping

May 12 2014Social Work
Total lip service! They were good at pumping up my enthusiasm, dreams and expectations in my career and education choice, but that came to an abrupt hault after graduation. Promises of help with job placement, yet their own job data base has produced NO postings in my field. Though I graduated near the top of my class, I am still unemployed over a year later. I admit that I feel that I received an excellent education, but that was expected with all the student loans I received and costs paid. I was handed my diploma at graduation and then kicked to the curb. I was a very active and involved student on campus, but after graduation all staff developed amnesia, forgot about me, and moved onto the next unsuspecting student. I am not sorry about my career choice, but am regretting where I chose to earn my degree.
Starting Job: none Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

They have bed bugs

Aug 29 2013Accounting
They have bed bugs and just wants you to live with it. They just want you to live with them like there just little you can't see them it's fine. I killed 3 bed bugs showed everyone to the front desk and they do nothing about it terrible faculty.
1st Year Male -- Class 2017
Starting Job: none Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

Hello there

Nov 24 2013Mechanical Engineering
Hello there. I decided to go ahead and write a review seeing that everyone else has given there opinion. Honestly, depending on your major, this university might not be right for you. I graduated with my bachelor of science in mechanical engineering and truthfully, we barely even used our text books. Being a math person, it was pretty easy, but most of the information our teachers taught us came from online resources. Teachers were uncooperative and rude; students were pretty dull and instagramed pictures of people and their unfortunate mishaps; some people were straight STUPID and god knows how they graduated high school; I got hit on by girls who had boyfriends and told me how stupid they were and how they were dull and had no future. I would end up telling their boyfriends who actually were more sympathetic and thankful then I thought they would be. Guys are pretty chill and mellow. Girls were pretty loose. SOME were rednecks but not everyone I encountered was like that. If you really want a decent education, I would not recommend Ferris State University. My employer actually told me that the last 5 (yes five)guys that came from Ferris were either fired or quit because they said they couldn't understand how to do their job. I have worked for my employer at Ford Motors for the last few years now since I graduated from Ferris State and every once in a while he jokes and says that he never would have thought that I could produce the work I do and that I actually graduated from their. If you want respect, go somewhere else.
Starting Job: Computer Engineer Preparedness: B+ Reputation: D+