StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

I learned a lot here about the technology

Nov 15 2014Design Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I learned a lot here about the technology I'd be expected to use after graduation. What I did not learn was how to behave in a work environment. Obviously, I'm not a neanderthal, but the learning environment was extremely relaxed, and many of the instructors were comfortable having students call them by their first names. The overall level of professionalism was lacking in my experience.I love the city, though. It's just lovely in the fall.
Preparedness: C Reputation: D+

Ferris state has been one of those schools

Mar 13 2011Biology
Ferris state has been one of those schools which has been increasingly challenging in science coursework. If you like a challenge, you've definitely found the right place. As for social life, you really need to know the right people to be invited to parties. Avoid dorm room living- it is far too expensive for the quality of living. Also avoid meal plans because they are ovetly expensive and th quality is poor. I have stopped using my meal plan after getting food poisioning at least a dozen times. Rsos on campus are great and very dlexible on accepting members and are a great way to get to know people.
3rd Year Female -- Class 2012
Innovation: B+, Collaboration/Competitive: D

school is horrible

Nov 04 2013Unknown
school is horrible. 50% of people that go to the medical field fail the classes. Especially biology and chemistry. If this is something thats been going on for years I suggest they get the opputunity to help seek how to teach better. They really rush into things and the only people that pass biology and chemistry (friends that I know) say that he people who failed last semester take it again then those are the only 50% that pass. the other 50% fail at first then retake it. Just a waste of time and thier is no help. Thats what my advisor told me is that I am on my own. Im leaving this school and would never recommened it to anyone.
Perceived Campus Safety: A-, Education Quality: F