StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Comments and Student Experiences

University of Central Florida -- Orlando, FL
University of Florida -- Gainesville, FL
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University -- Tallahassee, FL

Ferris State University

My department is pretty great, and so isAverageVideo/Media
My department is pretty great, and so is the honors program. They're understanding and treat you well. But, the university had a specific transfer agreement, so I came here specifically for that. But when I transferred my credits that were guaranteed to transfer, some of them didn't and they claimed that there wasn't anything they could do, even if the agreement said different.

However, the school itself exists to make money, and is unfair about it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a fee for breathing wrong. Access to parking lots is terrible and these are never plowed. The school itself never plows main sidewalks well enough to avoid injury and these walkways are badly cracked and not well taken care of. In addition, do not live in a dorm. They try to give a lifestyle of friendship and a social atmosphere, but they're extremely expensive and you have to deal with people running down hallways until four in the morning and people literally screaming as loud as they can for what seems like no reason. There are too many fire drills, which I understand for safety reasons, but having them at ten at night in February seems unacceptable. It is also impossible to get your mail at the residence halls. Mail is always returned to sender and it's extremely frustrating. However, I praise the medical center and library. Both are run well and are efficient.

more→Feb 12 2015
1st Year Female -- Class 2016
Campus Maintenance: A+, Surrounding City: F
I learned a lot here about the technologyQuite BrightDesign Arts - Industrial Design/Graphic Design/etc
I learned a lot here about the technology I'd be expected to use after graduation. What I did not learn was how to behave in a work environment. Obviously, I'm not a neanderthal, but the learning environment was extremely relaxed, and many of the instructors were comfortable having students call them by their first names. The overall level of professionalism was lacking in my experience.I love the city, though. It's just lovely in the fall.
more→Nov 16 2014
Preparedness: C Reputation: D+
school is horrible.Not so bright
school is horrible. 50% of people that go to the medical field fail the classes. Especially biology and chemistry. If this is something thats been going on for years I suggest they get the opputunity to help seek how to teach better. They really rush into things and the only people that pass biology and chemistry (friends that I know) say that he people who failed last semester take it again then those are the only 50% that pass. the other 50% fail at first then retake it. Just a waste of time and thier is no help. Thats what my advisor told me is that I am on my own. Im leaving this school and would never recommened it to anyone.
more→Nov 04 2013