StudentsReview :: Ferris State University - Graduate (MS/PhD) Ratings

Females 0
Males 2
Avg years at University 1.0
Research Quality C (4.6)
Research Availability C (4.6)
Research Funding D (2.3)
Graduate Politics C (4.6)
Errand Runners D (2.3)
Degree Completion A (9.2)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi] F (0.8)
Sufficient Pay F (0.8)
Competitiveness F (0.8)
Education Quality B+ (7.7)
Faculty Accessibility D- (1.5)
Useful Research C+ (5.4)
"Individual" treatment F (0.8)
Friendliness F (0.8)
Safety D- (1.5)
Campus Beauty F (0.8)
Campus Maintenance F (0.8)
University Resource/spending F (0.8)
Extracurriculars F (0.8)
Success-Understanding F (0.8)
Surrounding City F (0.8)
Social Life/Environment F (0.8)
Alternative pay [ta/gsi]F
Degree CompletionA

I got my undergrad at another university and

Oct 02 2014Pharmacy
I got my undergrad at another university and went to pharmacy school here, boy it was a dissapointment. Being in a high level program and shelling out $30k in tuition a year you would think that you would get most aid possible, but there is almost none. You never know what's going on, proffesors just tell you about mandatory call conferences you have to go to the day before with no heads up to prepare. No one helps you get in touch for your mandatory internships that you have to do, they just email you where you have to go but no contact info so I guess you have to be 007 to find the clues yourself. I was an army medic for 8 years before college but proffesors still patronize you like you're 19. Oh and the admin is awful, in fact they borderline on racist in some cases in the way they act. Moreover I guess this is just a Holy turd of universities as my wife wanted to transfer to it when I was going to pharm schools and they didn't count half her credits, my wife has a masters degree from a pretty big Michigan university, so I guess that doesn't count. Also Big Rapids is a village, the whole town consists of a Way Mart plaza and the university. Oh, if you have want to be a pharmacist, you will have to move to Grand Rapids 3rd year, which is also lame for the program, it just always feels they're just shoveling you from place to place. Lastly if you live in the family housing, maintenance is awful, they informed us they needed to replace our door on and would show up Sept 18 at 10am but showed up Ocg 10th at 8am, then were surprised we weren't expecting them.