StudentsReview :: Kettering University - Comments and Student Experiences

Case Western Reserve University -- Cleveland, OH

Kettering University

Flint's a war zone!!!!!

May 24 2012Automotive Engineering
Flint's a war zone!!!!! view full review

There are only TWO things nice about Kettering

Apr 22 2012Chemistry
There are only TWO things nice about Kettering University. The Co-Op program, and the small classroom sizes. The tuition is way over priced, and the facilities SUCK. The ass-hats that make up the executive board are way over paid, and are running the school into the ground. I would love to get my hands on Dr. Liberty and teach him a thing or two about higher eduction with hands. After going to that school for just 1 year, I wished I could escape, but by that time, I was already $20,000 in the hole and tuition did nothing but go up. I highly recommend that you do not attend this school if taking out loans. If you can afford to pay for the school, then its easy and you'll end up with a degree, of sorts. If you want to get a proper education, and not end up $100,000 in debt, go somewhere else.
Starting Job: Applications Engineer Preparedness: B- Reputation: F

What a scam

Apr 22 2012Mechanical Engineering
What a scam. $120K down the drain. They didn't tell me the tuition would go up a grand each year when I was a freshman. Sure I make 65k a year, but I can't even afford a mortgage payment with all these student loan payments. If you like to have fun, please don't go here. If you have to, join a fraternity and drink excessively.

They charge you 4 grand to do a thesis at your co-op job...why? Does it really cost 4 grand for someone to pretend to read my paper and give me a passing grade? Is it the gold plated letters on the hard cover binding that costs 4 grand?The only good thing I've heard since graduating is President Liberty is gone. He must be sitting on his yacht somewhere in the Caribbean, or relaxing at a tropical resort while I pick up his bar tabs with my tuition. He's the kind of person you would pay money to punch. Not $120K though. Between me and you, I'd like to stomp on his head til my foots covered in brains.

5th Year Male -- Class 2010